Rugby Union

Here are a few pics I took at the Auckland - Counties game on Thursday. They were taken from the very top of the new south stand, and they were taken on my $100 phone, hence the quality.

All in all the stadiums looking in good shape for next month.

Pretty good view of the game, it's possibly slightly higher than the ASB stand roof:
gamewithjustasbstand3.jpg

Temporary stand compared to the ASB stand:
gamewithbothstands4.jpg

Temporary stand:
temporarystand2.jpg

The Aussie World Cup squad has been name.

They've changed their captain, they've left out their most experience player (or close to it), and they've included six injured guys, hmmm...

Deans seems to be losing the plot of late. Not picking a backup 7, picking one too many halfbacks and then switching captains 1 match before the WC. Surely he would have known Elsom was or was not captaincy material way before the Tri Nations.

I'd lol if you guys went out in the quarters, after signing him for two more years. Isn't his win % the lowest ever for an Aussie coach, or something like that?

I think Connolly has that honour. I'm definitely annoyed we re-signed him for 2 years but I'm sure they will part ways if we go out in the Quarters.

All Blacks squad:

Forwards:

Hookers

Corey Flynn, Canterbury (14 tests)
Andrew Hore, Taranaki (54)
Keven Mealamu, Auckland (85)

Props

John Afoa, Auckland (33)
Ben Franks, Tasman (11)
Owen Franks, Canterbury (23)
Tony Woodcock, North Harbour (75)

Locks

Anthony Boric, North Harbour (20)
Brad Thorn, Canterbury (51)
Samuel Whitelock, Canterbury (17)
Ali Williams, Auckland (65)

Loose forwards

Jerome Kaino, Auckland (41)
Richie McCaw, (capt) Canterbury (97)
Kieran Read, Canterbury (31)
Adam Thomson, Otago (21)
Victor Vito, Wellington (7)

Backs:

Halfbacks

Jimmy Cowan, Southland (47)
Andy Ellis, Canterbury (20)
Piri Weepu, Wellington (48)

First five-eighths

Daniel Carter, Canterbury (82)
Colin Slade, Canterbury (5)

Midfielders

Richard Kahui, Waikato (12)
Ma'a Nonu, Wellington (58)
Conrad Smith, Wellington (48)
Sonny Bill Williams, Canterbury (7)

Outside backs

Israel Dagg, Hawke's Bay (7)
Zac Guildford, Hawke's Bay (6)
Cory Jane, Wellington (24)
Mils Muliaina, Waikato (97)
Isaia Toeava, Auckland (31)

A couple of 50 - 50 calls were always going to need to be made, but I think at the end of the day we're in very good shape.

Looking forward to tonight, it should be a good game. Only 13 more days until the big one starts as well.

I was hoping Wellington would go down to division two in the ITM Cup, at least there's still an outside chance if the Stags can smash BOP. We have to win our final round robin game and hope other results go our way if we want to make it to the final. Also Sunday afternoon should be a good shield clash between the 'Naki and the Bay.

Gear coming to the Highlanders for one year, sweet!

It's quite funny how 4 out of our top 8 NPC teams are from the Hurricanes region, yet the Hurricanes now only have two/three All Blacks. Hammett for coach of the year at the Halbergs.

England's new captain has only played one international match. :lol

Yet worryingly they've had 4 previous captains with less experience...
Up here we've been caught offering "Scotland - Calcutta Cup Winners" t-shirts on pre-order. Oops.

Yes he might have only played one International match but everyone in the country has felt he should have been in the side years ago and have constantly been calling for his inclusion. He's also captain of the club to of the Premiership, has an amazing work ethic and really is a natural leader. It's actually been mooted that he is only the skipper for the first two games.

It would have been Tom Wood if he didn't go and get himself injured.

Users who are viewing this thread