Rugby Union

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Was an interesting night for the teams in the Tasman, both came up against spirited UK sides, both down to 14 men and both winning it in the last minute. Ireland really were unlucky, they were fired up and the upset looked on when the ABs were reduced to 14 men.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Australian teams suck. It'll be interesting to see what happens next season with the new South African team, whether they just do a straight swap with the Lions or not.

I'm hoping for a Chiefs - Sharks final, although that's pretty farfetched.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
That was a pretty scrappy game last night. I said at the start of the game why do they always get these Northern Hemisphere refs down because they have different interpretations up there, and that's exactly what happened. They don't understand the concept of running rugby, and have to blow the game up every minutes for extremely minor things. Even our commentators were struggling to get their heads around some of the random calls.

None the less, a win's a win, and with all three of our home games coming up in a row now, we could very much have one hand on the trophy in a month.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
As expected we had nothing in attack. Can't wait till we get rid of Deans, have no faith in him anymore.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Huge day of Rugby coming up:

2.30ish - Taranaki v Canterbury - for the Shield
4.30ish - Wellington v Waikato - should be entertaining
7.30ish - All Blacks v South Africa - should be our biggest test of the season so far
10.00ish - Australia v Argentina - come on the Puma's!

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Biggest test against South Africa? We dealt with them fairly easy last week. Argentina obviously has no chance against us, but I think they have a good shot at 3rd overall.

This being the first season of the rather lamely named Rugby Championship, I think a classic Kiwi choke will be on the cards, and the Wallabies will be lifting the trophy on this occasion.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Biggest test against South Africa? We dealt with them fairly easy last week. Argentina obviously has no chance against us, but I think they have a good shot at 3rd overall

Well we had one tough test against Ireland, but the other two were both one way traffic. You guys were rubbish, so our toughest test to date was last week against Argentina. And the feeling over here is that South Africa will be another step-up from that.

Re the second match tonight, as much as I want Argentina to get up I'm not going to disagree with you, because Australia should get up pretty easily. To say it's obvious though is pretty cocky, considering how they competed with us for 60 minutes last week.

This being the first season of the rather lamely named Rugby Championship, I think a classic Kiwi choke will be on the cards, and the Wallabies will be lifting the trophy on this occasion.

It's hard to tell if you're being serious? If you are have you seen your forward pack? South Africa should deal to you guys at home, and a lot of people over here are picking the Puma's to get their first win against you guys at home.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Only half being serious :p Things are never as easy as I like to make out. I would pick NZ all day, every day to win whatever competition is running, but I'm foreseeing that this being the first RC, we'll strike lightning in a bottle.

We'll have to be on our game to shut the Pumas out though. They're definitely capable of an upset against top tier sides and we're probably the most vulnerable of the southern hemisphere teams.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I can see Argentina beating us at home but tonight match probably not. Although if it does happen high time Robbie Deans gets out of the building.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
If Rugby was a 60 minute game, Argentina would've beaten SA, NZ, and Aus combined in their last three matches by 40 to 24, and those 24 points against them have all come from penalties.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hopefully they can continue this development into next year and pull off some upsets (just not against us please!)

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Re development, there's been a bit of an international flavour to this year's ITM Cup which is great to see. One of the matches on the Friday just gone (Counties vs Otago) featured a Kenyan player, two Japanese players, and a Japanese ref. The likes of Nonu and SBW running around in their competition can only really be good for the game over there, especially heading towards the 2019 World Cup there (the first one to be held away from the five Northern and three Southern traditional Rugby powerhouses).

Users who are viewing this thread