Russia to host the 2018 World Cup

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
So, we're going to have a plastic World Cup - looking forwards to that, guys?

England can't have it now until 2030, during which time no doubt Germany will have it again, Spain, Italy etc etc...

harrisb

International Coach
All i'm saying is congratulations Mafia bosses, you've done it again. :spy

harrisb

International Coach
oh yeah, i don't think any of these announcements truely reflect on which country would host the best World Cup, i'm sure that there were outside influences from higher positions, e.g. with Qatar, i'm sure some of the countries that voted for Qatar will have been promised oil and other things etc.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Amen to that - I am not surprised at all that Russia got the Cup and that the best bid - and this is based on an objective view - England got knocked out in the first round. Joint bids are always more problematic than bids by one country and if you put Russia's stadiums, infrastructure etc, not to mention comparing their people's hunger for football to ours, there's no contest. This stinks like:

11129764.jpg

How many decent stadiums have Russia got compared to us? Not to mention their plastic pitches, which they didn't change for the Champions League - so why should they change them for the World Cup?

And Qatar getting 2022. Fifa are an absolute joke.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Qatar 2022 is even worse lad.

Yes, how hot is it going to be out there? 40 degrees? More? I would've preferred Australia to get it. 2018 and 2022 will be disasters of World Cups.

harrisb

International Coach
The only stadium i know of in Russia is the one that hosted the CL final in Moscow. Remember when John Terry slipped taking his penalty.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Mate, Qatar can get up to 50 degrees. It's a tweaking outrage. Nothing to do there either apart from get heatstroke and die.

Media knew it thirty minutes before it was announced too. This is a disgrace. 2018 and 2022. I'm furious and there's nothing anyone can do. Argggggghh.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Mate, Qatar can get up to 50 degrees. It's a flinging outrage. Nothing to do there either apart from get heatstroke and die.

Media knew it thirty minutes before it was announced too. This is a disgrace. 2018 and 2022. I'm furious and there's nothing anyone can do. Argggggghh.

50 degrees? How the hell is anyone going to play football in 50 bloody degrees?

Didn't FIFA rate Qatar as "high risk" for the world cup?

Doesn't matter. Panorama had a point about Fifa and corruption. ;) These next two World Cups will be the worst ever. And look at the scenes in Russia - they couldn't care less! It's sodding freezing here as well, but you can guarantee 100% there would be people to be seen on TV celebrating.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

The only stadium i know of in Russia is the one that hosted the CL final in Moscow. Remember when John Terry slipped taking his penalty.

Oh yeah, that was highly amusing. :lol

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
They say the stadiums will be air-conditioned. But what about the fans? Qatar is at it's hottest during the WC period I think. They have to walk around in that heat. FFS.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
They say the stadiums will be air-conditioned. But what about the fans? Qatar is at it's hottest during the WC period I think. They have to walk around in that heat. FFS.

Yep. People will die out there - it's inevitable.

Now, look at the country who got 2018 - Russia. Bloody freezing and not a soul on the street. Look at the scenes here - bloody freezing, yet there are still people out and about. And it's got nothing to do with the time - if England got 2018, it could be 12am, there would still be people celebrating.

Going back to the heat, with South Africa, the Cup was held during their winter, so it wasn't too bad at all. Does Qatar ever have a winter? Does it ever even rain there?

The guys on TV are going on about whether the votes were for the best bid - they're not saying it in so much words, but no they damn well weren't.

I reckon we'll get it in 2066 (or the closest World Cup to that date) as an '100th Anniversary' present. Maybe I should go put a tenner on that now! :lol

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Yep, Russia is similarly as bad. People will die in the heat of Qatar and people will probably die from the fists of hooligans in Russia.

Football is dead in Australia now, this was our last hope. I'm literally heart-broken and on the verge of tears. I can't wait to move to England now. I can't give a big enough fearsome tweak you to Blatter and FIFA for finishing off football here.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I actually think a World Cup 'down under' would be a real success and would've properly launched Aussie football - it's on the cusp as it is. But no, it's going to Qatar. Do they even have a professional flaming league??

Edit: I have to say though, Birmingham & Aston Villa couldn't have helped by having a pitch invasion and seat ripping session on the eve of the vote.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I actually think a World Cup 'down under' would be a real success and would've properly launched Aussie football - it's on the cusp as it is. But no, it's going to Qatar. Do they even have a professional flaming league??

It would of. People would of turned up. The a-league has been on a slow decline, but this would of brought everyones attention to the game of football. Australians are event-goers. They would of all turned up to one or numerous World Cup matches, then proceed to attend A-League etc. Football would of had a huge boost.

Instead, it will continue to decline and falter. RIP Australian Football.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
At least 'Fifa' still has something going for them - a cracking football game.

That's about the only good thing I can say about them. Corrupt, smarmy gits, the lot of them.

Edit: William Hill have made England favourites to host World Cup 2030. :lol:

Edit: 'An anti English-ness' in Fifa - Sky News - never a truer word.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread