SA tour of West Indies - 2021

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nortje's been quite impressive. Tougher challenges lie ahead but he has done his part in a developing test career. If he can work on his accuracy.. imagine his potency!

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Agreed, Nortje has been impressive thus far in this match.

The game has every right to end tomorrow, barring a massive partnership from the home team. I just hope we don't lose by an innings and change. That would be incredibly woeful.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Agreed, Nortje has been impressive thus far in this match.

The game has every right to end tomorrow, barring a massive partnership from the home team. I just hope we don't lose by an innings and change. That would be incredibly woeful.
I am a bit surprised actually, really expected WI to put in a better performance with the bat.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Someone was saying WI and SA are similarly matched? Clinical display by SA. The SA quicks are just too much for the WI batsman to handle.
On paper at least they seemed evenly matched. I guess the only time WI turn up in Tests is when they play England, home or away barring that Bangladesh away victory. Otherwise they have been average at best against all other teams.

The issue for SA's downfall in the rankings was never the bowling attack they had. Given the right conditions, Rabada, Ngidi and Nortje are lethal and Maharaj plays that holding-one-end role well. They even bowled very well in Pakistan, only to be let down by their batsmen. They lack some stability in their batting order, had it not been for QDK this game, SA would've ended up with an average score. Releasing QDK from the captaincy was a step in the right direction, they need to stick to a couple promising batsmen and give them chances. If SA find some decent batsmen, it shouldn't be long until they can challenge the big teams again.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Someone was saying WI and SA are similarly matched? Clinical display by SA. The SA quicks are just too much for the WI batsman to handle.
I made this statement somewhere and hell have I been proven wrong. Very disappointed with the WI batsmen.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I really hope KP turns it around. Need Verreynne to keep his spot for the next series, please don’t go back to Bavuma

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Keshav Maharaj with a hat-trick.

Taking nothing away from the feat, what a lousy ball to bowl for a hattrick delivery and a poor shot at that.

Historic moment for Keshav nonetheless. Congratulations!!!

Users who are viewing this thread