SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

D

Deleted member 185125

It's an area to be looked at, but it's just how the game is programmed. Spin bounce is universally low across the board, too low. Not sure that sliders will be able to fix it, sadly.

The spin bounce slider only applies to the "bounce" delivery, not all deliveries, so isn't really a solution either. Plus if you turn that one up, the AI then has a quicker ball that is like lightning!
Thanks. Would've been nice to have a separate slider for spin bounce.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Stupid question. Is there a spreadsheet with all the slider data on it? I'm only able to access spreadsheet v1 and that only had English data.

It's an area to be looked at, but it's just how the game is programmed. Spin bounce is universally low across the board, too low. Not sure that sliders will be able to fix it, sadly.

The spin bounce slider only applies to the "bounce" delivery, not all deliveries, so isn't really a solution either. Plus if you turn that one up, the AI then has a quicker ball that is like lightning!

It needs to be opened in Excel, the dropdown doesn't show in Open Office, for example.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Back on the theme of flight, just seen my first AI stumping, having increased flight.

I think the flight slider only affects flight deliveries, but at least it is possible to get a genuine AI stumping.
Was it a flight delivery that got the stumping as well, out of interest?

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Was it a flight delivery that got the stumping as well, out of interest?
Unfortunately missed the delivery itself as had it running AI vs AI. However this is only the second match I have tested this so should catch one soon.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Aussies reeling at 68/3 at lunch, but rebuilding with Smith & Head settling in.

Three very varied dismissals too, one a flying catch by Stokes at gully, one was Warner playing on to a fuller ball from Robinson, then i tied Labuschagne right down and he tried to free the shackles with an aggressive moonshot to mid off that Leach ran back and took on the boundary, it definately seemed not being able to score somehow had an effect on him playing that type of shot...at least i hope so anyway.

To continue tomorrow with England in sight of an opening test victory in Brisbane.
From 175/7 to this currently and Day 5 begins.

1642014459449.png
Yes, you could say im starting to boil inside.

If they knock this off i think i might be done.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A good day three for England as, despite a collapse of sorts after a good start, we bat the day out. We're all out just two overs into Day 4 and set the Aussies a mammoth 393 to win.

Surely thats enough?!

View attachment 261308
Hi Ken Nice Score Card . Could you tell me please what you have your striker timing othanks ian?

Lassana_Dias

School Cricketer
My AI batters are never nicking to slips or keeper but continues to be caught at forward short leg for spinners or fast bowlers.

What can i do to fix this

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
From 175/7 to this currently and Day 5 begins.

View attachment 261366
Yes, you could say im starting to boil inside.

If they knock this off i think i might be done.
Got there in the end by 61 runs despite a near ton from Cummins.

1642026105666.png

England move on to Adelaide one up - ironically its my first test win since i got the game, a good time to start...despite the outrageous tail end AI batting as per.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Back at the Kensington Oval we're lunch on Day 3 of 4 and 220 overs into the game...no fines for slow over rates here!

Barbados are chasing 404 for victory after Ireland declared 330 for 3 in our 2nd innings. Athers things it should be a breeze to run these down!

Screenshot 2022-01-12 225550.png

Batting was definitely easier 2nd innings. I'm not sure if that was more due to the pitch wear or due to me, there certainly felt like less nip and there were definitely fewer plays and misses on my part. The AI had some ridiculously aggressive fields given their position in the game and Dockrell especially found it relatively easy to score. Balbirnie ground out his ton with only 8 boundaries which was a nice counterpoint to Stirlo's tonkathon.

The first innings felt like a real challenge to defend my wicket at times, this innings did not.

I'll be interested to see what the bowling holds now.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
@Rumple43

Pitch and possibly ball bounce definately needs a tweak in v2 of the set.

Just started the second test on a standard, hard deck in Adelaide.

This is the "bounce".

One of those was a red, short ball too.

1642029898675.png

dawg456

Club Cricketer
The spreadsheet you have is the right one, but the box in the top left is a drop down box with different settings. Change that drop down to something else and the settings on the page will change as well.

There's 6 different set ups in total.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread