SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
maybe a developer video or a post explaining how the sliders impact the gameplay and batting would be quite helpful as I find the current explanation quite confusing. Maybe taking each slider and saying "If the value is 50 it does X while batting. But if you change it to 80 you will experience Y while batting". That explanation or mapping of slider values to gameplay is something which's sorely lacking.
Yes if that had been done, it would have saved literally 100 or more hrs for all of us who basically do R&D with the series by altering each value ever since it has been a thing.

I feel it would be better for people to understand if its like a colloquial video as you rightly said and that's why me & @Gamer Pradosh are planning to do a video about it soon enough, in which we'll try our best to explaining about each value and what it changes/impacts (solely from our observations obviously). Hopefully that answers your asked/unasked queries about slider values :plainsmile:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes if that had been done, it would have saved literally 100 or more hrs for all of us who basically do R&D with the series by altering each value ever since it has been a thing.

I feel it would be better for people to understand if its like a colloquial video as you rightly said and that's why me & @Gamer Pradosh are planning to do a video about it soon enough, in which we'll try our best to explaining about each value and what it changes/impacts (solely from our observations obviously). Hopefully that answers your asked/unasked queries about slider values :plainsmile:

Looking forward to the video. There're so many permutations & combinations possible that for casual gamers like me it's not possible to experiment and see which slider does what.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yeah like @SloppyMani mentioned we are planning for a podcast kind of video which might be lengthy but useful for people who play the game and want to know more about it.. More so we are not official people who knows what exactly it is but the things we gathered from playing with the sliders is what would be discussed and that is always up for a discussion on what others think about the same..

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Yeah like @SloppyMani mentioned we are planning for a podcast kind of video which might be lengthy but useful for people who play the game and want to know more about it.. More so we are not official people who knows what exactly it is but the things we gathered from playing with the sliders is what would be discussed and that is always up for a discussion on what others think about the same..
Let me know once it goes live and I'll happily signpost it to the start of this thread. It'll no doubt be of plenty of use to anyone looking into sliders in general.

Great work guys!

Rhone

International Cricketer
@Rumple43 @WealeyH

Thanks for your work on this. Can i ask if you have come across any slider tweaks that mitigate the issue where batsmen whack the ball onto their pad against spinners, or play defensive shots onto their boot and give loads of catches to close fielders?

Last edited:

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@Rumple43 @WealeyH

Thanks for your work on this. Can i ask if you have come across any slider tweaks that mitigate the issue where batsmen whack the ball onto their pad against spinners, or play defensive shots onto their boot and give loads of catches to close fielders?
Looks like BA tried to sort the ball onto boot issue with their last patch. No idea how successful they were.

Both issues were hard coded into the game anyway, but at least one has potentially been patched out.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Been away for some time, but its time to see how the many patches since ive last tried have affected the game.

Hoping spin doesnt still set the AI into a tailspin every time.

What we on now @Rumple43, v4?

Base diff gone from Veteran to Legend? Just to make the AI more competitive i assume?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Been away for some time, but its time to see how the many patches since ive last tried have affected the game.

Hoping spin doesnt still set the AI into a tailspin every time.

What we on now @Rumple43, v4?

Base diff gone from Veteran to Legend? Just to make the AI more competitive i assume?
Yeah, V4, and yeah, just didn't find the AI scoring enough runs for my liking.

I'd also suggest putting the AI wicket chance down a bit and turn their timing up a bit if you want 350+ runs, I think my spreadsheet figures outside of Australia are generally on the lower scoring side regardless.

I've also pretty much halved the timing windows for bowling since v4, they're all single digits for me now from memory, and I've put spin difficulty up into the 90s so that the timing zones are practically a sliver.

I only allow myself 1 close catcher to spin, and usually I make that a slip, that plus the tiny timing windows helps contain user spin, and the last patch apparently addressed the ball onto boot issue as well.

I've still not played this current build much to confirm either way tho.

Glad to see you back matey :)

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Yeah, V4, and yeah, just didn't find the AI scoring enough runs for my liking.

I'd also suggest putting the AI wicket chance down a bit and turn their timing up a bit if you want 350+ runs, I think my spreadsheet figures outside of Australia are generally on the lower scoring side regardless.

I've also pretty much halved the timing windows for bowling since v4, they're all single digits for me now from memory, and I've put spin difficulty up into the 90s so that the timing zones are practically a sliver.

I only allow myself 1 close catcher to spin, and usually I make that a slip, that plus the tiny timing windows helps contain user spin, and the last patch apparently addressed the ball onto boot issue as well.

I've still not played this current build much to confirm either way tho.

Glad to see you back matey :)
Going to re-create the exact teams for the Lord's test ongoing at present, will go with v4 as is, then see how it plays and see what changes of yours ill need to follow.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I won the toss and bowled, v4 settings at Lord's.

Kiwis in a mess, wickets to third slip, a flying gully, mid wicket, deep fine and more, lot of variety of with the quicks dominating, rather mirroring the NZ first dig in real life.

1654366685360.png

Are others struggling to get edges/see wickets with seam?

I know its only 20 overs worth but still, they seem to be there for me.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Kiwis in a mess, wickets to third slip, a flying gully, mid wicket, deep fine and more, lot of variety of with the quicks dominating, rather mirroring the NZ first dig in real life.

View attachment 267271

Long as they there I’m happy with that!

tsn1499

School Cricketer
Hey I'm new to this game, I downloaded the spreadsheet but I'm a bit confused about which format I can use this for? Is this for one particular format like test cricket or does this apply to all formats? Or is there something I need to tweak for each format? Thanks.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Hey I'm new to this game, I downloaded the spreadsheet but I'm a bit confused about which format I can use this for? Is this for one particular format like test cricket or does this apply to all formats? Or is there something I need to tweak for each format? Thanks.
It is purely for Test cricket.

I've never really played any other format, the fielding in particular I found didn't really mesh with cricket where every run matters.

Will6363

School Cricketer
Out of curiosity what would sliders look like for the UAE and that part of the world?

Also thanks to eveyone who put in so much time into these sliders

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer

View attachment 267271

Turned into a low scoring thriller on a green seamer at HQ, as England (me) contrived to collapse during the chase from 204-4 to 234 all out, handing the Kiwis a 22 run win as they go one up in this three match series.

1655232392614.png

We're off to Trent Bridge now, on what is apparently a more placid deck, little grass, and hoping to emulate some real life Bairstow heroics to fight back...

Users who are viewing this thread