WRESTLING Smackdown vs Raw Online

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Isn't being made by Yukes? Won't be as good as the console SvR games.

No, afraid not. Even worse - it's being made by JAKKS Pacific - the guys who made WWE Raw PC. Let's hope they've improved a touch in the intervening eight years. If it's focused at online only, it'll be a disgrace if they can't deliver a good service.

I just hope we don't get an EA Sports/Fifa situation as far as consoles vs PC goes.

Last edited:

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
JAKKS Pacific don't develop games. They make toys. I think they own the license to WWE likeness and THQ has to pay royalties to them or something.
This game is real. It is listed on gamespot under THQ's upcoming titles. This game is being made by Vertigo Korea or so it says on the Gamespot page.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
JAKKS Pacific don't develop games. They make toys. I think they own the license to WWE likeness and THQ has to pay royalties to them or something.
This game is real. It is listed on gamespot under THQ's upcoming titles. This game is being made by Vertigo Korea or so it says on the Gamespot page.

They did make the last WWE game for PC, but if someone else is making it, I'd prefer that.

Edit: What do you make of the 'official trailers' and 'press conferences' on youtube - do you think they're real? The press conference one especially looks like it's filmed in a press conference room - I doubt many youtubers have access to such a screen in order to doctor something up.

Ah, now I see what you mean. At the end of the video, JAKKS Pacific logo can be seen to the right, but in the middle is Vertigo Games. So, do you know what they're like? Good thing if it's definitely not being made by the guys who made WWE Raw PC.

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Jakks Pacific is behind all the WWE toys. In fact they have been sued by THQ for illegal contract extension with WWE behind their back.

They have been producing some video games as well but mostly its a consumer products company.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Jakks Pacific is behind all the WWE toys. In fact they have been sued by THQ for illegal contract extension with WWE behind their back.

They have been producing some video games as well but mostly its a consumer products company.

That explains why WWE Raw PC was such a substandard product. Do you know if Vertigo Games have any experience in fighting games?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Umm... are you sure that's Vertigo Games Korea (the people making SvR Online?)
They look more like some kind of Indie company - can't be them, surely? SvR Online will look like some kind of flash game!

Nope, definitely not them - they're an entirely different company; here's the Vertigo Korea site:

http://www.vertigogames.co.kr/glo/eng/overview_vertigogames.html

Don't like the look of this:

http://www.fatfoogoo.com/2008/09/thq-and-korean-firm-vertigo-to-tackle-asian-online-pc-market/

Are these sumbitches only going to make the bloody game for Asia????

Edit: On a more positive note:
SmackDown! Vs. RAW Online will allow players to play in either single player or multiplayer mode, and take their wrestler through various matches of achievement, with the ultimate end goal of being inducted into the WWE hall of fame. A microtransaciton model will allow all aspiring Hacksaw Duggans to purchase items, abilities and themes to aid them on their way, and customize game play.

Last edited:

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
There is hardly an asian market for WWE games. The most developed of Asian countries - Japan - has their own wrestling promotions so WWE games dont sell quite well there. They will surely release it worldwide; the SvR games have been selling 1m+ copies in North America.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
There is hardly an asian market for WWE games. The most developed of Asian countries - Japan - has their own wrestling promotions so WWE games dont sell quite well there. They will surely release it worldwide; the SvR games have been selling 1m+ copies in North America.

OK - thanks for the heads up. Looking forwards to finally staging some Epic WWE matches on my PC! According to that quote, there will be offline modes as well - quite possibly an offline career mode - a long career mode, if your goal is to be inducted into the Hall of Fame! I can't wait - they better not bloody mess it up!!!!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Sorry guys, but this email I got from THQ doesn't look too promising regarding a release outside Asia:

Further to your correspondence of 22 Feburary 2010

We have no information on this game at all. If it is not on the website then it is unlikely there are any plans to release it over here in the future.

If you need further assistance, you can contact our technical support staff via telephone on 0870 608 0047, or reply to this e-mail . Also be sure to include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,
Jamie D. at THQ Technical Support

Maybe I should try nagging Vertigo Games Korea instead...

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Well, it looks like you contacted technical support team. I don't think they would know much about a game that hasn't released yet.
WWE is a North American company. Europe and NA make up a large part of their audience. Why would THQ shun their biggest market?

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well, it looks like you contacted technical support team. I don't think they would know much about a game that hasn't released yet.
WWE is a North American company. Europe and NA make up a large part of their audience. Why THQ would the shun their biggest market?

I really hope you're right - I need a WWE Game on PC!!! :laugh

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Assuming they don't release it in the UK retail, would anything stop it from being released on Steam?

Users who are viewing this thread