Sound Patch v0.2 released - check 1st post

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Version 0.2 of my Sound Patch is available here

There is a special feature included which is, under no circumstances to be discussed. You will know what it is if you download the patch. Simple as that.

All comments and suggestions welcome in this thread.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:

Mars Maximus

International Coach
OK mate thanks for this and now I got a few words on it. I love the sound of ball on bat, nice and woody, and when the ball hits the stumps, or when the keeper removes the bails, it just sounds superb as well! But I hate the umpires voice tbh lol. Too high pitched. Crowd sounds ok. Great effort first up though, well done :)

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Well I've not changed the crowd sounds.

Also, the thing with the umpires voice - I've not changed the files, but the sample rate, but I'll need to sample those back down again to the correct pitch. Like I said, it's very early on at this stage.

Satish555

Club Captain
the game crashes for me. even before i play, before the toss.a black screen just comes and back to desktop. lucky i backed them up. working back to normal now.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Satish555 said:
the game crashes for me. even before i play, before the toss.a black screen just comes and back to desktop. lucky i backed them up. working back to normal now.

It crashed :eek: , then i will now going to make a back up for sure , i was thinking i will not make any backups but after seeing this i have changed my decission :D

ian_hayden

School Cricketer
Thumbs up

Lazy Chesnut,

I had a few problems running the game with the patch so reinstalled and tried again. Worked like a charm. Haven't played it long but wanted to second the umpire voice thingy but you've already aknowlegded that.

Really just wanted to say thank you, to you and the other guys who put in all the effort with these mods and editors and stuff. Really do a great job.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I haven't got a copy of BLIC on the PC yet but I am interested in how this patch sounds. Would anyone be kind enough to post a sample of the patch in action? Or am I being to cheeky?

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
evertonfan said:
I haven't got a copy of BLIC on the PC yet but I am interested in how this patch sounds. Would anyone be kind enough to post a sample of the patch in action? Or am I being to cheeky?

Matt , i will surely try it for you but cant promise :p

Mars Maximus

International Coach
lazy_chesnut said:
Well I've not changed the crowd sounds.

But can you? Hope so :)

evertonfan said:
Would anyone be kind enough to post a sample of the patch in action? Or am I being to cheeky?

Ok here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jvQTO_XxO0 Too bad it doesn't look as good on utube as it does on media player, but it's good enough I guess lol

Mars Maximus

International Coach
Ok I just created a custom match and the game crashed on load, I then put in the backed up sound files, and all was fine. So it seems that the files are ok with saved matchs but not newly created matchs atm. But I know mate, this is a beta. No complaints, just filling you in. :)

Satish555

Club Captain
John Adams said:
Ok I just created a custom match and the game crashed on load, I then put in the backed up sound files, and all was fine. So it seems that the files are ok with saved matchs but not newly created matchs atm. But I know mate, this is a beta. No complaints, just filling you in. :)

same here....

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
John Adams said:
Interesting. I'd only tried with a saved game until I read this post, so tried with a new game and worked fine. Can you tell me what type of game it was (e.g. WC 20-over Aus v Eng) or whatever.

I would just suggest trying again. After all, it's not a great inconvenience to replace a couple of files if it does crash.

Thanks for pointing that out. Mind you, there's not much I can do about it as all the game is doing is loading sounds from a file into memory so shouldn't make a difference if it's one file or another.

Mars Maximus

International Coach
Yep, it was a simple custom one day match that I created that crashed. I shall try it again later.

Edit: Yep mate crashed again. After putting back the original files, all was ok, and I am 24/0 after 2 overs against NZ atm lol

Last edited:

papalazarou

Club Captain
The first time i fired it up it crashed when loading the nets but on subsequent loads its worked fine with custom matches and saved games.

Users who are viewing this thread