Sound Patch v0.2 released - check 1st post

Genius-Boy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've also having a crash whenever I want to play a match(new or already saved one).
The game comes to the loading screen, and then shuts down to Windows...I'd replaced both the files you have mentioned, but when I replaced them with the originals, the game run as it should. Can you please post a updated version of you sound patch soon?...it will be good, because all this are doing the game much better!

gb

Mars Maximus

International Coach
Ok it all sounds great! I started a new match, no crashing, and I loaded a saved match, no crashing. So yay, and thanks for once again for adding to my enjoyment of this game lazy. :)

Dubudhi

School Cricketer
I'm downloading it now. doesn't matter even if it doesn't work...i'm repping ya in advance for the effort :)

Edit: i really hope you removed that annoying howl and 'thats gone'

Great mod...thanks a lot :hpraise

Last edited:

papalazarou

Club Captain
Nice work Lazy. Like the bat on ball sounds. I reckon the only difference with australian and english crowd ambience sounds would be a little echo or reverb added to simulate the acoustics of some of the ozzie grounds (huge bowl shaped stadiums). Looking forward to the release of this sound editor and having a mess around myself. Keep up the good work:clap

mehkar

International Coach
amazzing brilliant work this time mate loving this sound patch reps fro you

Genius-Boy

School Cricketer
thank you so much for this sound patch...No more crashing, no more "dumb crowd"...thanx for the effort once again!

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Excellent work mate. Love the quality of the sounds, especially the "secret".

Keep up your great work. Making my purchase worthwhile :D

iiball3

School Cricketer
what? i DL the patch.. but judging from this thread.. it seems like its bad.. and just causes the game to crash? feedback on if i should install it pllzz!

Mars Maximus

International Coach
The latest 0.2 patch should cause no such problems, so dl and enjoy. Back up the files that you'll overwrite though, just to have a back up. :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Hi, Chestnut. Just DL'd your sound patch and here's my feedback:

1. The bat sounds are a massive improvement on vanilla, but I feel that they could do with being slightly louder and have a bit more 'body' to them, a little more bass. Well done, though!

2. Nice touch increasing the bat tapping sound! You can hear it now! Didn't you say something similar could be done with the sound of the bowler's delivery stride (at the moment, it is totally inaudible)?

3. Can you do anything about making the appeals louder?
4. Have you killed 'Yahooooo!' man? I haven't heard him for a while!
5. I love the secret! Great work!

I look forward to hearing the next version! Well done!

(Off topic)
It would be nice if Codies could let modders fiddle with the camera views, so it doesn't cut away as soon as the ball crosses the boundary rope!
Do you think that's possible?

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
In answer to your questions:

1. The bat sounds are sampled from a real cricket TV broadcast so I am not to keen on fiddling with them in terms of equalisation or anything else. All I have done is normalised them and compressed them slightly - no EQ or anything like that.

2. I tried replacing the bowler's delivery stride with a loud beep sound but it doesn't have any effect, so I believe that that bowler's delivery stride is not used in the game, though it may happen on different pitch types or something, but I doubt it.

3. Can, and will, be done. However, the player shouts for appeals are in the 4 player shout files (one for Eng, Aus, Ind, WI) and there are about 20 appeals for each voice (yes, different players have different voices!), of which there are 4, so that's a lot of appeals to replace.

4. Yahoo man will be killed when I release the England crowd reactions. He's dead on my own version of the game, but I haven't released some stuff.

Re: Cameras. The cameras are all stored in .cam files I believe, but I've not even bothered to try and edit those yet, as they are likely to be in a very un-work-out-able format, so camera editing is unlikely I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread