South Africa in Australia Nov-Dec 2012/13

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Thanks for the memories, Ricky. I never liked him, but I did respect him.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Our Batting=S H I T we cant win matches if Clarke don't perform Kick Warner Out
Srilanka And India Next

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Thanks for the memories, Ricky. I never liked him, but I did respect him.

Same. Though I loved to hate Ricky throughout his career, I am definitely saddened by his retirement. Another one of the last classical batsman leave the game...

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia

spooony

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Since SA will be the first to win back to back series in Australia for ages, can they insist that Australia start putting the score the right way round?

----------

Yeah it's definitely turned into a 600+ pitch at this point. Saf's failure to capitalise on their first innings lead by throwing all their wickets away at the end and falling short of the expected total is gonna come back to haunt them here.

Can't see any reason why we shouldn't end today at around 2/400 and set the game up for a cruisey victory tomorrow to make history. Philander's done nothing on Aussie soil, Morkel's running way above expectation and probabilities say he'll come crashing back to earth in this innings and Steyn is just that.

To say I'm optimistic is a gross understatement, pretty much oozing with confidence right now.

Easier said than done isn't it? Big scores not there anymore when the track helps the bowlers a bit. Nit that easy to bully on a not so flat track

Last edited:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
50 up for Starc better than Warner :D.Starc's 50 off 32 is the 2nd fastest by an Australian, beating Bruce Yardly.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
102112d1354524775-south-africa-australia-nov-dec-2012-13-1.jpg
And Lyon goes SA won the series :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 76

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Terrific innings from Starc though. :clap

Yup as i said before Warner should learn from him

----------

SA is the most balanced team in batting and bowling right now. Certainly deserves No. 1 spot. Congrats to them!

It was all our fault that they win the last test if Starc can bat on this pitch why cant our batsman

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Ah well, our first series loss for a couple of years. Not the way I wanted to see Punter go, but it was probably time.

Entertaining from Starc and Lyon at the end. Even if we're only half as good as I think we are, that's still pretty damn good.

midgetwars

Club Captain
First series lost for Clarke. Now to put my theory in, once you break a streak the thing that broke will keep happening for a while. Hopefully, not winning a series is not a streak.

----------

In the words of that guy from Sky Sports coming in to WIN the series without a senior bowler was just "crazy". This wasn't a match that we could afford to win, draw it was one that HAD to be won yet where the hell were the other bowlers?

I know I said that Hilfenhaus shouldn't be playing but I forgot that Johnson and Starc leak runs a lot and Hilfenhaus is quite economical.

Main question of the match: Who led the bowling attack?

Users who are viewing this thread