South Africa tour of England

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would have thought to retire hurt another hit on the hand would could have been catastrophic. Isn't it better he can bowl than bat.

With hindsight maybe, but at the time scoring runs for team deemed more important I guess. It's bruising and not broken so maybe he can bowl tomorrow?

D

Deleted member 46200

With hindsight maybe, but at the time scoring runs for team deemed more important I guess. It's bruising and not broken so maybe he can bowl tomorrow?
Guess that champagne bucket will come in handy afterall.

blazer-glory

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I have just finished watching the highlights from todays play at Lords and I don't understand why, after South Africa reviewed the incident, Cook was still not given out. I know if the ball pitches outside leg then it cannot ever be out but it pitched onside going on to his pads. Can someone explain?

C

Chris Swift

I have just finished watching the highlights from todays play at Lords and I don't understand why, after South Africa reviewed the incident, Cook was still not given out. I know if the ball pitches outside leg then it cannot ever be out but it pitched onside going on to his pads. Can someone explain?

I didn't watch the game, but this was taken from a newspaper review.
But that was it for South Africa. They reviewed Cook on one but Morkel’s delivery had pitched outside the line of leg stump, and then when he tried a cut to Maharaj they again appealed to DRS for the big wicket. But Cook is quick at moving his pads outside the line off stump, the not out call was inevitable, and South African hopes faded.

D

Deleted member 46200

Pitched outside... @Fake Passport can shed light.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well South Africa's fate is pretty much sealed, I guess. It seems too difficult to get 331 on a pitch that is deteriorating. If Amla stays there and builds some crucial partnerships with Bavuma, Du Bruyn and Q de Kock, it could still be interesting to watch. Amla is the key here in this chase.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
damn! Now Amla's gone too.... :noway:mad:(

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Yay go England and in particular Moeen Ali with a deserved MoM. Great start for Root and looking forward to remainder of test series. Will the Proteas fight back in second test?

D

Deleted member 46200

Yay go England and in particular Moeen Ali with a deserved MoM. Great start for Root and looking forward to remainder of test series. Will the Proteas fight back in second test?
Find out in the next adventure of the England cricket team, anything can happen in a day!!!

But then maybe not they do look good... ?

Jenocide

Banned
Profile Flag
England
can't call him the King of spain but very good performance from him.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
defo and check my comment on past cricketers... Love Ashly.

Giles was a key component of that 2005 Ashes win, yet always underrated due to Flintoff, KP etc. Watched the other day the 2005 Old Trafford test, people were queuing to get in about 1/4 of mile around the ground. Happy days!

Users who are viewing this thread