South Africa tour of Pakistan

I

imported_zulaid

hmm...if pakistan did'nt give all these extra boundries away at last, when the S.A tailenders manage to hit some...the lead would have been around 260 runs, but S.A were able to get a lead of 300 runs....I really hope pak can win it from here....

N

Neo!

Originally posted by sohaibaslam@Oct 27 2003, 08:46 PM
does anyone knows how is the pitch condition?
It's good for spinners specially on the last day and good for batting, swing for the fast bowler in the early morning. That's all I can provide :D
thx

N

Neo!

Pakistan only requires 294 runs to win with 10 wkts remaining .. If the openers get a good partnership pak have a chance of winning the test.

I

imported_fastbreaker

Yeah, I still beleive Pakistan can win if the openers form a good partnership and Inzamam, Asif Kamal, and Shoaib Malik contribute lots of runs.

N

Neo!

Originally posted by sohaibaslam@Oct 28 2003, 03:14 AM
They can do it. Hope so :rolleyes: .
I hope so too..Longest they keep wickets in hand till 2nd session and than they will be good to go
good luck to Pak tomm

H

hassan1823

yes pakistan hav won the test :cheer: series it was draw
man of match kirsten and taufeeq
man f series taufeeq
most wickets pollock
most runs kirsten
:thumbs:

T

temp

**UPDATE**

2nd Test - Match Drawn-Pakistan won the two Test series 1-0.

South Africa 1st Innings: 278 all out
Pakistan 1st Innings: 348 all out (Imran Farhat 128, Pollock 6/78)
South Africa 2nd Innings: 371/8 declared(Gary Kirsten 118)
Pakistan 2nd Innings: 242/6

Man of the Match: Gary Kirsten & Taufeeq Umar.
Man of the Series: Taufeeq Umar.

Andrew, this format is OK
icon14.gif
:unsure:

Edited to correct format by Andrew

I

imported_zulaid

Ohhh nice..thats great...but S.A were nearly bouncing back....U can't imagine how it was when the last wickets began falling cheaply...it was a tense last day..... when I saw the first time, pak were going well for winning this 2nd test when pak were 185/3 with about 35 overs to go..Inzi and kamal were looking great..but when kamal fell...then inzi also fell soon after...pak were in trouble at 209/6, when razzaq also fell..but great to see pak was looking to see the day off rather than going for the 2nd test match win...they could easily have lost....these last wickets only fell because inzi, kamal, razzaq were trying to win the 2nd test..but Shoaib Malik and Moin did the right thing....to see the day off with 15 overs left...great job....especially Taqfeeg Umar, Farhat, inzi, Kanaria, Shoaib Akthar so on...it was a good team effort for long long time...... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :D :D :D

T

temp

You're right. South Africa could win the match if Gibbs did not dropped Inzimam, Kirsten dropped Malik at fine leg & Boucher dopped Kamal twice. Not a good fielding.

Good catches by Taufeeq Umar.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Almost a correct format :D

I follow this list for including batsmen's scores and bowling figures.

Test Matches

Batsmen's Scores over 100
Bowling figures with 5 or more wickets.

ODIs

Batsmen's scores over 50
Bowling figures with 4 or more wickets

Anyway, not that important! Topic unpinned now, as the tour is over.

Users who are viewing this thread