South Africa tour of New Zealand

D

drops

Ya the kiwis are playing very good cricket, but we saw what happened when they came across pakistan, good pace bowlers and they got hammered so they are playing good but I would still be worrying when the kiwis tour england later in the year

U

umosay

lol, nz didn't struggle v pakistan in the one dayers did they? 4-1 if i recall... and nz dominated the test matches apart from 1 session which cost them the series

R

ricky123

Originally posted by umosay@Mar 25 2004, 02:48 PM
lol, nz didn't struggle v pakistan in the one dayers did they? 4-1 if i recall... and nz dominated the test matches apart from 1 session which cost them the series
;) i think he is saying about nz touring pakistan before, but newzealand dint have thier key players.too

N

Nirav85

Originally posted by umosay@Mar 25 2004, 02:48 PM
and in a test match u have to play good in all sessions as i recall

just like in 2001, aussies had one bad session against india and then it went all wrong...same with nz they had one bad session but pak stil had to chase 271(and they were 196 ao before) and we chaed it with 6 wickets remaining so the moral of the story is u have to play good in all sessions to win

D

deadduck

let it go amir.

I think when the kiwis tour England they will absolutely thrash the poms. Sure, bowlers like Harmison are doing okay now in the West Indies, but how will he perform on English pitches? How much of his success can you credit to his bowling, and how much to the pathetic batting of the WI?

I think it will be a good tour, but with Shane Bond and Nathan Astle back from injury, and Daryl Tuffey at full fitness, the return of Chris Martin and Mathew Sinclair I think the English should be worried.

Z

zaf1986

I think when the kiwis tour England they will absolutely thrash the poms. Sure, bowlers like Harmison are doing okay now in the West Indies, but how will he perform on English pitches? How much of his success can you credit to his bowling, and how much to the pathetic batting of the WI?

I think it will be a good tour, but with Shane Bond and Nathan Astle back from injury, and Daryl Tuffey at full fitness, the return of Chris Martin and Mathew Sinclair I think the English should be worried.

I too agree that NZ should beat England. Their performances against SA are greatly commendable.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
**UPDATE**

3rd Test - Close Of Play - Day Three

New Zealand 1st Innings: 297 all out
South Africa 1st Innings: 316 all out (Martin 5/55)
New Zealand 2nd Innings: 128/5

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
**UPDATE**

3rd Test - Close Of Play - Day Four

New Zealand 2nd Innings: 252 all out
South Africa 2nd Innings: 82/3

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
**UPDATE**

3rd Test - Match Over

New Zealand 2nd Innings: 252 all out
South Africa 2nd Innings: 234/4 (Smith 125 not out)

South Africa win by 6 wickets, series is drawn 1-1.
Man of the Match: Graeme Smith

D

drops

well done to smith and the boys, and a special well done and thank you to Gary Kirsten for his 10 years of hard work with the south african team...

Users who are viewing this thread