Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Sanga needs to bat out for the draw.
No chance of victory for the Sirils :(
Any reason why Sanath is at 5?

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Jayasuriya is out early today and now Silva is gone for a duck. Too bad. It could have been a great tense day if some of the Sri Lankan batsmen hanged on.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Jayawardene is gone for a duck also. Johnson is on a hattrick and eventually he didn't get it.

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
What an anti-climax. Maharoof and Fernando are out also.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
boooooooooo Koertzen, you have just ruined a exciting match that could have posibly gone down to the wire. and watch Sangakkara get fined or somthing for being unhappy with the decision. not saying this just because of this decision but umps should penalised for bad calls.

charith

Club Captain
Gee sad one Rudi. Sanga missed that by a long way. What an innings. Just confirming what a class act he is. I mean how far around was the bat when the ball hit the shoulder. NO chance of winning or saving the game but he deserved a double century.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Sangakkara was counting big time on Prasana and silva and they let him down, if one of those stuck around for 30ish runs the match could have turned out diferent.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
So basically Koertzen bowled Sangakkara in that ball. Too bad for Sri Lanka. If Sangakkara staid on, I would say Sri Lanka could have reached the target. But the biggest let downs were the other two batsmen, who didn't support Sangakkara.

Malinga just cut loose. 17 runs in 4 balls.

Last edited:

charith

Club Captain
I know its quite sad so many what ifs. Malinga is hitting some big ones here. I mean if there was a few runs from the middle order. Atleast we showed a fight. Didnt crumble like other teams against australia in the face of a big total. Something to be proud of.

irottev

School Cricketer
Bad decision. Great innings from him though. One of the best going around at the moment. It didn't cost SL the game, only Sangakara's stats, which to be honest, isn't a big deal.

What's even worse though is the bowling from Australia. Absolutely disgraceful. Also here is why Ponting isn't such a great captain, when he's under pressure he doesn't respond. Poor fields, poor bowling rotations, poor plans. This is where they miss McGrath and Warne. I hope the weather doesn't stop what deserves to be an Aussie victory.

And ^ It's much easier to bat without fear. As Sangakara and Malinga have done. Thy know they've all but lost, so can afford to whack it.

Users who are viewing this thread