Sri Lanka in West Indies

.Mob

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh come on, even the greatest of players have a lean run. Silva has immense talent, and the last knock and the one in the Test shows me that he can fight and dig his team out of a hole.

Kapugedera would have never got that score, if it wasn't for Silva, as well.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Oh come on, even the greatest of players have a lean run. Silva has immense talent, and the last knock and the one in the Test shows me that he can fight and dig his team out of a hole.

Kapugedera would have never got that score, if it wasn't for Silva, as well.

I totally agree with you, Silva has great potential and he has shown glimpse of it on numerous occasions. He is still fairly young in cricket terms and he is at the maturing age for cricketers, and with Sanga, Mahela and maybe Dilshan he we will the future of Sri Lankas middle order. He can be a good #5 or #6 for them as he can form good partnerships with the tail like he showed in the 2nd test and in the ODI. For me has to play in all Sri Lankan tests he is just too valuable.

He needs to make his Dosra more Effective.
He has enough time to practice it and learn it after all he is 23 years old. He has enough variations in his bowling, he can bowl Leg break, off break, top spinners like the one to get Sammy and some flippers. In time he can learn the doosra and develop it but at the moment i see no need for it.

irottev

School Cricketer
I think Murili needs to step aside, at least in ODIs and let this kid play.

irottev

School Cricketer
Not a bad point. I just don't think Murili has a lot to offer the ODI squad anymore.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Yeah, at this point, Sri Lanka will definitely be happy to have both, especially looking at Mendis' batting record. Not saying he's a potential juggernaut, but he might be in the ilk of players like Vettori, Kumble, Harbhajan and Warne.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well Hope We'll see another stunner today.
Srilanka ofcourse will try everything to get back where WI only need to keep their head cool and Repeat the last Match again(Hope again it will go till last ball).

That decision has surprised me. Man Gayle won the toss and WI will bowl First.
I mean is looks like flat batting track. If you ask me, I would say its same looking pitch that you can see in Sub-Continent.
Anyway WI might feel little bit confidence after last Chase.

Last edited:

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Very Mysterious start from Srilanka. Though they have not lost wickets Run Rate is not even 4..Its very Dark out there at the moment so At the rate they are going, if the game is shortened to 20 overs because of rain, SL will most assuredly lose."

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well Srilanka might count themselves lucky as It is 47 overs game now.
Srilanka need to boost their Run rate now.
Its still over cast there.

Another one down.Sangakara gone and Srilanka in deep Trouble.
Now Neither they have wickets in hand nor Run Rate.

Its School cricket going on...Srilanka 5 Down.

Last edited:

leftarmlegspin

Club Cricketer
I think Murili needs to step aside, at least in ODIs and let this kid play.

Well they've left Murali out of the team so far, so the selectors seem to have a similar pattern of thought. I personally agree with you. Keep Murali fresh for the tests, as Mendis obviously isn't a Test bowler at the moment.

This way, you let Mendis develop his game in the 50-Over format, in the hope that he can succeed Murali.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
I have bad feeling.Its going to be Wash out!!

Its unlikely to have game here. They have not covered square area even.
Anyway Poor Batting from Srilanka has saved Gayle.
Actually Gayle has done unconventional by electing bowling first. Jaya on other hand has moved up Weeraratne ahead of him in pressure condition.
It certainly looks like Wash-out.

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
good bowling from WI again, they dropped Smith for Chattergoon and Benn for Powell but they kept Samuels in the team :eek::mad: :brickwall. Seriously how many chances will this dude get, I hope that Gayle is not the one thats influencing this decision because they are both from Jamaica.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
lol..Welcome Dare. I was waiting for you.
WI is playing with 10 players + 1 Fielder.
Ya Samules is in the team as a Fielder.
He got banned so He can't bowl. Scoring Runs is least thing He wants to do these days. But he can do Fielding Dare..lol.:p

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
yea ill give him that much. he is a good fielder but like you said he cant do anything else these days. if a washout happens that might be the best outcome for Sri Lanka, than they have a chance to tie it up in the last ODI. changing venues might give them a break from all this rain in T&T.

Users who are viewing this thread