TheHairyGamer88

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Fact is , over 3 Game Iterations , very little/if any ? extra Assets have been added.

Surely that cannot be too difficult to build on the existing Template and keep adding more ?

Personally I would rather better gameplay, more detailed career, more licences (this year with more players and both Australian and English grounds) better graphics, better commentary (still unknown) and better player creation before stadium creator. There is so much that gets added, and I would think that BA know what people use most and work on that first/more.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is the problem of us the "CRICKET FANS"

Personally I would rather better gameplay, more detailed career, more licences (this year with more players and both Australian and English grounds) better graphics, better commentary (still unknown) and better player creation before stadium creator. There is so much that gets added, and I would think that BA know what people use most and work on that first/more.

3 iterations and a feature of the game remains same and we are content with it. NO! We should not be, yes licenses, gameplay and all need to improve but the feel of where you play and how you play the game needs to be improved as well. We need to embrace the fact that getting other licenses is going to be tough for BA. While they are improving few things after 3 iterations STADIUM CREATOR should have seen improvement. There were a lot of people basically asking for crowds on grass stands since iteration 1, lot of people asking for more outlooks since iteration 1. Why should you feel content only if gameplay is improved?

Gentoras

County Cricketer

3 iterations and a feature of the game remains same and we are content with it. NO! We should not be, yes licenses, gameplay and all need to improve but the feel of where you play and how you play the game needs to be improved as well. We need to embrace the fact that getting other licenses is going to be tough for BA. While they are improving few things after 3 iterations STADIUM CREATOR should have seen improvement. There were a lot of people basically asking for crowds on grass stands since iteration 1, lot of people asking for more outlooks since iteration 1. Why should you feel content only if gameplay is improved?

Is it hard to have fans on the grass?

Otherwise, what is the use of having grass when it's gonna remain empty? I still don't get thisa too

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Personally, I'd have taken better gameplay or improvements elsewhere before a stadium creator was ever added to the game.

Sure I'd like grass banks, media centres and different backdrops. But I'd rather have a competitive AI, good shot selection, basically better everything that actually happens inside a stadium.

waraa

County Cricketer

Yeah for me, playing matches at real-world stadia is a major part of a cricket game - which is why I remember BLC 99 and even Cricket 2004 fondly. As someone mentioned, allowing models from the default existing stadia would be a great improvement as well.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Last time I used it it was very hard just to create simple cauldron-like stadiums such as the MCG and the Gabba. It was near impossible to get the stadiums to curve around properly. Has that changed?

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Why do you think "CRICKET FANS" is one group? I would take the fluid batting, richer career mode over a improved stadium creator anyway. That is just me though, everyone has different things to hope for...

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Why do you think "CRICKET FANS" is one group? I would take the fluid batting, richer career mode over a improved stadium creator anyway. That is just me though, everyone has different things to hope for...
CRICKET FANS in general because you and me and thousands on PC are cricket fans. So it is one group. We have lowered our expectation so much just to get a cricket game but we are forgetting we got 4 in last 4 years. So its time we fans start expecting things more. A solid game play, solid career mode is as important as well but they already make those changes and its a default or else no one will buy the games if game play is not refined. Every-time a game comes out and we say we need solid game play, we need better career mode.. we also need better customization and I love how they incorporated Scenario mode, kudos... but same stadium creator for 3 iterations? I accept more.

Also your opinions are respected, so does mine. I pay for the game similar to you.I do not receive the game for free so I am in all my rights to expect more[DOUBLEPOST=1557868572][/DOUBLEPOST]
Last time I used it it was very hard just to create simple cauldron-like stadiums such as the MCG and the Gabba. It was near impossible to get the stadiums to curve around properly. Has that changed?
Shh.. do not expect that to change(has not changed... have tried it). We need better gameplay, better career mode. Rest all can be repackaged as what was given in DBC 17 in 2017.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Also I will retract my words from this thread if BA do come up with an update and give more features in Stadium Creator.[DOUBLEPOST=1557868798][/DOUBLEPOST]
also just to quote from that ross did mention that stadium creator was getting a update we just can't see what
Can you please link that article? I am trying to find and unable to

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Is it hard to have fans on the grass?

Otherwise, what is the use of having grass when it's gonna remain empty? I still don't get thisa too
Exactly, what is the point on having empty grass stands? Again the game is not live, may be they have implemented so did not mention on my disappointment list. Will wait for the game to release, see if grass stands now fill up crowd. People talk about commentary, pitch ads, ropes, etc. Why talking about stadium creator riles people on as if that is a sin to ask?

passarapin

County Cricketer
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Exactly, what is the point on having empty grass stands? Again the game is not live, may be they have implemented so did not mention on my disappointment list. Will wait for the game to release, see if grass stands now fill up crowd. People talk about commentary, pitch ads, ropes, etc. Why talking about stadium creator riles people on as if that is a sin to ask?

ok mate. I think your stance on the current state of the stadium creator has been well articulated. no point in making so many posts repeating it.

Reactions: DAP

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Also I will retract my words from this thread if BA do come up with an update and give more features in Stadium Creator.[DOUBLEPOST=1557868798][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you please link that article? I am trying to find and unable to
It on Spotify if you search up big ant dev dairy and go to 52nd mark he talks about it

TheHairyGamer88

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
So at what Point in time or Iteration would the Stadium Creator then get attention , because the above although all very Neccesary and Valid , will allways require attention and hence we will keep where we are now.....

Personally, I wouldn't think it is a matter of time but a matter of budget perhaps. Hopefully this game sells amazingly and more budget can be spent so the stadium creator can get a HUGE update. So many more players canned this year so that is also one less thing for the next one as well (though of course there will be some new ones that need it by then but most will already be there) which will allow for more time to be spent on it as well as budget.

Users who are viewing this thread