TAOC Alpha Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
That would be so awesome, like injure the tail enders so they cant bowl :D

Yes, you can bowl beamers and they will cause some form of injury to the batsman if he fails to avoid or hit it. But don't anger the umpires, whatever you do.

HnC

School Cricketer
LM I know it is very hard to answer... but how quick will quick be in this game. I ask this because the only game I have ever played where I actually noticed the difference in speed, which was exciting to play was when i bowled with akhtar or sami in BLIC 2005, however because of the pace you had to more or less play the shot as they release the ball. That meant that it wa really easy to get friends out as I could just bowl a slower ball with full pwer (does that make sense?) and then they would be easy to get out as they are trying to predict what I'll be bowling. So i woudl like to know would it be quick enough that the excitement and challenge of a pace bowler will be there however, it is not ridiculoisly easy to get wickets?

Also re. the beamers will the umpire actually warn the bowlers which coukd result in the being taken off because hypothetically some sadistic people may enjoy constantly hurting the batsman to the point where the confidence is so low they are easy to get out.

Lastly will the also be the no ball rule for bouncers whihc I think is 2 over head high per over. If so by bowling a third bouncer would that be more likely to catch the bowler off guard and hit him or would like fidel v AB or would that just make it too easy for players to think..I dont mind sacrificing a run in order to get the batsman out.

Thanks

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes, you can bowl beamers and they will cause some form of injury to the batsman if he fails to avoid or hit it. But don't anger the umpires, whatever you do.

Did you miss a smiley in there somewhere or did you actually mean it? :spy

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
LM I know it is very hard to answer... but how quick will quick be in this game. I ask this because the only game I have ever played where I actually noticed the difference in speed, which was exciting to play was when i bowled with akhtar or sami in BLIC 2005, however because of the pace you had to more or less play the shot as they release the ball. That meant that it wa really easy to get friends out as I could just bowl a slower ball with full pwer (does that make sense?) and then they would be easy to get out as they are trying to predict what I'll be bowling. So i woudl like to know would it be quick enough that the excitement and challenge of a pace bowler will be there however, it is not ridiculoisly easy to get wickets?

Also re. the beamers will the umpire actually warn the bowlers which coukd result in the being taken off because hypothetically some sadistic people may enjoy constantly hurting the batsman to the point where the confidence is so low they are easy to get out.

Lastly will the also be the no ball rule for bouncers whihc I think is 2 over head high per over. If so by bowling a third bouncer would that be more likely to catch the bowler off guard and hit him or would like fidel v AB or would that just make it too easy for players to think..I dont mind sacrificing a run in order to get the batsman out.

Thanks

What you saw in the second video should give you an indication of the speed of an average fast pacer - I'd say around 145 -148kph equivalent.

SUPER fast bowlers will be slightly faster than in the video. I can tell you though that it will be a trade off for ultra realistic super fast bowling and playability. The faster you bowl the less reaction time, meaning it gets to the stage where yes, you almost have to push it as the bowler releases the ball in order to hit it in time! Apart from instinct for slower balls, you will have to also rely on the batsman's reading of the ball which will alert you to the possibility of the ball being a slow one.

Yes we will have the no ball bouncer rule...

Did you miss a smiley in there somewhere or did you actually mean it? :spy

There?s still a debate going on in my head as to whether beamers should be bowl-able on purpose or only accidentally. But I wasn't kidding.

P

pcfan123

This new name is going to take some used to. WHM had a certain brand value to it.

dbest

School Cricketer
Amazing videos and a good interview. Awaiting the alpha release. Not sure if this has been asked before, what are the minimum system specs to run the game?

aman

School Cricketer
Man if u implement Chess height and head height full tosses den dis game will be a mega hit and totally unique in its on

bcoz currently i dont think dat theres any cricket which has beamers init...

leave chest height even knee-height full tossses arent there in any cricket whether its EA or codies....

and u shud make it in such a way dat 1 beamer is 1st warning by umpire .... 2nd beamer if intentional by same bowler den dats it he is gg by umpire and cant bowl more

aman added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

and in real life cricket beamers r mostly bowled when bowler attemptsd to bowl a fast yorker or a very slow yorker.....or during night time when due comes into play and bowl slips frm bowlers hands

so for yorker u shud keep it like dat "if accurate pace den perfect yorker and if extra pace den low full toss .. if more extra pace den waist height full toss more pace and chest height :D

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Does that mean we can go the full stretch of realism and go through all the umpires warnings with its respective consequences? ie. After 3 warnings the bowler is then removed by the umpire, thus not being allowed to ball again for the rest the inning(s) (Think thats how that rule goes).

the1mm

School Cricketer
Yeah LM,

What are the minimum specs ?

And one more question,

Can two players play with the same keyboard but different controls?

Thanks!

Keep up the good work!!!:)

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What you saw in the second video should give you an indication of the speed of an average fast pacer - I'd say around 145 -148kph equivalent.

SUPER fast bowlers will be slightly faster than in the video. I can tell you though that it will be a trade off for ultra realistic super fast bowling and playability. The faster you bowl the less reaction time, meaning it gets to the stage where yes, you almost have to push it as the bowler releases the ball in order to hit it in time! Apart from instinct for slower balls, you will have to also rely on the batsman's reading of the ball which will alert you to the possibility of the ball being a slow one.

Does it mean that when batting, we will be able to pick up the type of ball being bowled, from bowlers wrist movement at time of delivery / seam direction in air or is it just the usual bowling icon that represents pace/movement like other cricket games?

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
please do look at this:
LM,can we have more bright sunlight....
like different for winter and different for summer and much bright for T20s and lite for Tests....
It could be wrong but increasing the brightness of the light would increase the feel that we want in cricket...
like this...

http://www.indianvideogamer.com/wp-content/gallery/cricket-revolution/cricket-revolution-008.jpg

the light here is very bright,but little bit reduced will just give it a perfect ODI or T20 feel and condition....

For Tests this light intensity would be perfect....

http://games.softpedia.com/screenshots/Ashes-Cricket-2009_1.jpg

My suggestion could be a foolishness,but the brightness between CR and Ashes cricket would be perfect to increase the level of cricket feel;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread