TAOC Alpha Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HnC

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanks for the reply LM, and aman has given an interesting thought.

Would weather conditions and due factors make it harder for bowler to bowl and fielders to field. e.g. say for glen mcgrath you have a really slow marker to put down because of his control, in wet or dewy conditions would the marker speed increase, just a suggestion although it would still be very easy to control the marker in wet conditions as it'd be like controlling it for a lesser bowler. Alternatively you could make it so the ppower bar is harder to stop resulting in a slip from the hand and causing a beamer, or would that be a front foot no ball. Just thinking of ways, where you could accidentally bowl a beamer. Like tino best bowls them jsut cause he has no control.

And catching an fielding would be harder in these conditions eg 5% more mistakes or something.

And im sure htis has been asked but i cant remember in very wet conditions will the ball get held up in the outfield and in dewy conditions skid on

arundracula

Club Cricketer
..... for glen mcgrath you have a really slow marker to put down because of his control, in wet or dewy conditions would the marker speed increase, just a suggestion although it would still be very easy to control the marker in wet conditions as it'd be like controlling it for a lesser bowler. Alternatively you could make it so the ppower bar is harder to stop resulting in a slip....

Nice ideas...

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Who told you that this won't help you in your career? If i had a production studio i would have hired you without even asking any question. There are students who do animation courses from MAAC and other institutes but still lack the skills.

You do know that in every animator there is an actor. They should know how to act if they want to become a top animator. My advice to you will be to choose animation as your career. But its your career. :)

Agree. The Animation Industry in India is growing faster than the world right now. Talent from every corner is welcomed with utmost respect.

It's unbelievable; You've got a game at your back JK, this is, equal to, a 10x Portfolio with amazing works over the years for a man with Animation Background. Whereas Companies look for freshers with no experience to train them into their companies, you probably walked over the bridge, having a game for a portfolio. Gaming Industry is more considered than the Animation Industry. Believe me, TOAC was no kid's play as we all know, so what else have you not got to get into any gaming company/etc you wish for? :)!

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^ :noway

Whatever you do.. please DO NOT join EA/Codies. And if you do, please don't stop doing what you do best - Quality work!

HnC

School Cricketer
I know I've been piping up quite a lot recently but I have one more query. On youtube the video of the mishit cover drive, it appears as though the batsman walks across the stumps a la katich and chanderpaul, was that on purpose and it it wasn't is it it possible for that to be put into the game for authenticity. I know it is possible to manually do it, but i mean when the computer is controlling them. Thanks

Hitterman

International Coach
I was thinking the same but later on I found that the batman moves a bit ahead to hit the ball though the ball wasn't clear there.

Secondly, in the straight drive video, the batsman's bat was really quick in playing the shot. I mean in one frame bat was idle and in second frame, bat was facing towards the ground.

Any ideas on this?

shrenik

International Coach
those were the old ones as JK said....hopefully, the new ones would overcome these minor things

playkid12

Club Captain
This may sound stupid and obvious but once the game releases, make sure you make a facebook and an orkut page. You'll be surprised how popular your game gets if you get it out there, and those two sites will give you a ton of people.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
This may sound stupid and obvious but once the game releases, make sure you make a facebook and an orkut page. You'll be surprised how popular your game gets if you get it out there, and those two sites will give you a ton of people.

JK did created some, see the link pages back

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
Oh boy, nothing for ages and ages, then I go for a week and you release 3 videos! :) Maybe I should go away more often

William1692

Club Cricketer
Just asking, will the alpha be released within 3 weeks and one day?
I ask as im travelling from England to Los Angeles to see family and pick up my brand new high spec laptop :D
It would be even more epic if my first game on it was "The art of cricket"

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Just asking, will the alpha be released within 3 weeks and one day?
I ask as im travelling from England to Los Angeles to see family and pick up my brand new high spec laptop :D
It would be even more epic if my first game on it was "The art of cricket"

I'd hope it would be ready before then! :sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread