TAOC Discussion

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apologies guys for the outburst! it was very late, was drunk and pissed off about some personal issues.

its really irritating when some people who didnt even bother to give a review / opinion of the alpha 0.1 complaining about the lack of updates.

i still stand by the view that without some sort of a funding, its going to be extremely difficult to see this through..working part-time..hardly 2 hrs per day for such a monsterous project is just not the way to go.

my previous post however had me saying its all about money. its NOT! if it was, we couldnt have finished the alpha even after such a long gap.

again, we arent demanding any huge amount or settlement. just enough money to pay our bills.

lets see, we'll hopefully get a definite answer from them by the 1st week of june.

JK

rgrohit

School Cricketer
Don't worry jk you guys are doing great.. Don't be disheartened by a few comments.. It really does take a whole lot of effort making a video game.. So please take your time.

Good luck mate!!!

6ry4nj

International Coach
I do also wonder however why the guys are going elsewhere looking for investors. Is there no-one here that will invest?

Guys, if you have a business plan to make a profit from this game, I'll invest in it.

If you can convince me you're going to make an exceptional game, even without any profit accruing, I may still invest. PM me.

Any other investors here?

kurtkz

Game Developer
@JK & LM: Is there any specific reason why you can't post about what you've been up to? Surely your NDA with the publisher can't include that? If it does, that's ridiculously draconian.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
At the end of the day, this was always going to be a labor of love. You weren't asked to make this game, no one is paying you, and you don't owe anyone anything.

Do it when you can. You'll always have some support.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Because there is supposedly some company interested in their work, now they have an excuse not to give us any updates, as if they were keeping us in the loop already. Before, we couldn't expect anything from them to say anything to them because they weren't making any many off of it but now they are (at the very least, there is that possibility now), so they cleverly said that they are not allowed to disclose any information. Now we're in the dark again. TAOC has just been a massive cycle of disappointment as they seemingly keep finding new reasons to not release any updates.

waraa

County Cricketer
I'm returning to PlanetCricket after 3 years.I was pretty active in 2004-07 when the TAOC project had just started. Was pleasantly surprised to re-visit and check out the Alpha 0.1 release.

Given that gameplay is the priority, I have to say the release is a success. The bowling actions and strokeplay are extremely pleasing (Though I struggled to connect bat to ball). And the graphics are not that bad either - nice outfield, pitch, Lord's looks as real as possible.

Given the difficulties faced by the developers, this has come out really well ! 5/5 from my side - Keep it up, guys. I am ready to wait as long as possible to see the finished product.

Last edited:

slaydya157

School Cricketer
hey guys can anyone help me?
ive download the alpha01
i extracted it
when i click TAOC_Alpha01 it comes up with
error data not found
There should be 'TAOC_Alpha01_Data'
folder next to the executable

Anyhelp would be appreciated i really want to play :/