The Alcohol Thread

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Had three more brews tonight:

1. Brooklyn Lager
2. Full Sail Sessions (Continental Pilsner)
3. Arrogant Bastard Double Bastard Ale

P

pcfan123

Your not worthy! haha glad I am not the only one who has tried that stuff.

arrogantbastardalebeer1.png

Hmarka added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

My cousin in chennai mowed down a guy while driving under influence of brandy using his car!!:facepalm

Whats going to happen to him? Did the guy survive? Your cousin should be locked up for a long time.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Had three more brews tonight:
I take it this is American?

Why do I get the feeling that this beer would disappoint me? Not even sure Americans could make a good ale if it fell from the sky and they just had to collect it.

P

pcfan123

Why do I get the feeling that this beer would disappoint me? Not even sure Americans could make a good ale if it fell from the sky and they just had to collect it.

Yes its American and yes it is ████ compared to European beers. Can we move on now?

The only decent American beers are Shiner (local in Texas) and certain brews of Sam Adams (black lager is my personal choice).

P

pcfan123

Whats it called? He is from Tyler, Texas so I am guessing its probably Lone Star?

Niv

Club Cricketer
Got a carton of James Squire IPA in my new bar fridge. And a fine drop it is, good ales are hard to find in Australia.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India

It is American. There are plenty of American breweries that make good ales. A few that come to mind are New Belgium, Saint Arnold's and 512 Brewery. I'm not sure New Belgium is exported, but the others are microbreweries. I think it's quite unfair to generalize American beer-making capabilities since there are so many different microbreweries around.

If you're talking about IPA's then you're probably right but I hate IPA's, anyway. Way too hoppy.

sohum added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Whats it called? He is from Tyler, Texas so I am guessing its probably Lone Star?
Haha good old Lone Star. Best cheap beer!

P

pcfan123

I thought he was talking only about the mass exported American beers which are all ████. If you start talking microbreweries than we have some of the best beer in the world as well :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Another three from last night:

1. Shiner Bock
2. Left Hand Milk Stout
3. New Belgium Two Below

Also had the good old Fireman's #4.

P

pcfan123

Sohum what do you think of Titos? Not a big vodka drinker but that is Austins own home made stuff.

Is it comparable to other imported vodka?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sohum what do you think of Titos? Not a big vodka drinker but that is Austins own home made stuff.

Is it comparable to other imported vodka?
Don't really have the tongue to tell apart decent vodka from top-shelf. I don't mind Tito's since it's pretty cheap. And doesn't give you hangovers like Taaka (that's $10.50 for a handle). But yeah, I usually stick to Absolut or Smirnoff. I don't really spend on stuff like Skyy, Grey Goose because I can't really tell the difference!

Sureshot

Executive member
So we've created our cocktail (don't know if I've said it or not).

It's called: Ros?mary and Sage. :D

It's a Ros? Spritzer with some sage leaves torn up and shaken with the (2 shots) Ros?, then (2 shots) Lemonade added. Pour through a strainer. Served with a Sage leaf and a twirl of Lemon.

It's nice, the flavour of the Sage works well, and it looks nice. Dead cheap too and can sell em for a quid each.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
That's possibly the gayest drink ever served! :p

Users who are viewing this thread