Your Cricket The Art of Offspin.

Yes, because Seoken is obviously one of the best bats in the world and has never been dismissed by off spin because he is that good he just flogs them all for six boom sixer boom go Seoken go wow you are amazing Seoken one of the best bats ever we all worship you Seoken

Hell yeah worship me!

But to be serious no i don't think i've hit one for a single run (for thats how i used to bat) but sure as hell i've never been out from one.

Last edited:
How many have you faced?? That's ridiculous, you've never scored a run off one.. lmao, have you faced like one over of offspin bowling in your career ever or what?

No i just used to play very defensively only scoring very few runs over 2 seasons of cricket. Now that i've discovered my batting style watch out this year.

No i just used to play very defensively only scoring very few runs over 2 seasons of cricket. Now that i've discovered my batting style watch out this year.

Maybe you should play on Indian Pitches to have a decent idea about off Spin bowling in general :p

Offspin is Offspin. I agree with him in that's it easiest to play. I love facing it too.

Only threats the come from an offspinner is if they can bowl the straighter ball, or use varied angles and pace.

Thats because indians can't bowl anything else, and without the pitch it would terrible.
Fact is off-spinners are just frustrated leg-spinners.

And i'd like to say that anybody can take wickets as long as they can get the ball down the other end of the pitch.

I don't agree with that. Atleast not at a decent level of competition.

Offspin isn't as hard as legspin, but as you've admitted, it's easy to face and getting wickets with it is tough. Which, technically speaking, means that bowling offspin and being successful is a lot harder than legspin. You could just call legspinners lazy offspinners.

Offspin is an art in it's own right. I've bowled both and I can say that they both need a lot of skill and time to master. Because offspin is so much easier to attack and the variations are more subtle, there is very low margin for error. You can bowl real 'magic' deliveries as you could if you were bowling legspin. You can't get away with one bad ball an over. You can't just bowl a series of legbreaks and then toss in the googly and get wickets. You need to be consistent, plug away, work a plan and bowl to your field to get wickets.

Wait wait wait how can off spin be easier to bowl but harder to get wickets? If leg spin is harder to bowl therefore isn't it harder to get wickets? You're logic is flawed.

My farther who has been bowling leg spin since 1965 says every time he has asked an off spinner why they bowl off spin they always reply the same way " because i can't bowl leg spin"

Really? I haven't met one offspinner who says that...but then again, I'm the only pure offspinner who I know. Rest are part-timers :p

Legspin is harder to bowl, but when you control it, it isn't too hard to get wickets from it. And being a legspinner, you are normally given the leeway to bowl one bad ball an over.

Offspin, even if you completely master it, requires a lot of patience and planning to get wickets.

Which is why Swann (a master of offspin IMO) will never be as successful as a Warne or Qadir (masters of legspin).

But hey, looks like we'll end up agreeing to disagree on this. I guess the only way to settle it will be if we get to face off on the pitch one day down the line ;)

Wait wait wait how can off spin be easier to bowl but harder to get wickets? If leg spin is harder to bowl therefore isn't it harder to get wickets? You're logic is flawed.

No, your logic is flawed. The first statement is absolutely right, off spin is easier to bowl - i.e. deliver in an accurate area, but it is harder to get wickets because it does not vary as much and it is not as challenging to face when bowled in the right areas.

Legspin is harder to bowl - i.e. deliver in an accurate area, but it is easier to get wickets when it is delivered in an accurate area because it varies more and it is harder to play, when it is bowled in a good spot.

Does this make sense to you? You don't seem to understand basic logic.

My farther who has been bowling leg spin since 1965 says every time he has asked an off spinner why they bowl off spin they always reply the same way " because i can't bowl leg spin"

What level does your father play at? The over 40s Pub Fifth XI? If so, I'm sure that might be the case with the poor quality of players he is playing with but I doubt he has talked to Graeme Swann or Harbhajan Singh. If that is the case, then why are there any successful off spinners at the top level today? Is this because they are so bad that they can't even bowl leg spin and so they are forced to bowl off spin?

Off spin can be a good way to tie down the run rate, grind away at the batsman and take wickets eventually and even if you are having a bad day as an offspinner you won't get carted. On the contrary, you would want to be hitting a pretty good area as a legspinner more often than not. If you drop one short, it gets smashed and if you overpitch it will also get flogged. As an offspinner it is a lot easier to master your line and length and so facing offspinners is often a lot harder than facing a legspinner as you know that a leggie is bound to have a few loose deliveries every now and again.

But, you seem to be a very stubborn individual who doesn't listen to what other people say and that can only see as far as the end of their nose. So, you probably won't read any of this post or care about it while still claim that offspin is for retarded monkeys that can't spin a ball the other way while legspinners bowl unplayable magic deliveries that turn two feet and claim wickets every second ball.

Have a nice day.

What level does your father play at? The over 40s Pub Fifth XI?

Nah he doesn't play anymore he plays golf.... a hell of a-lot of golf. Next time your in southport i think he will show you a thing or two about real spin. I believe he could have played international cricket if given the chance when he was 20.

Seoken, you just sound like a total douche.

Zorax and Blake have clearly explained their points, whereas you've just posted know-it-all things about how you're so awesome and off spin is crap because you think it's easy.

Users who are viewing this thread