• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
This is my first ashes i have watched, i have always liked cricket. Never really got to me before BBL06. I'm angry at myself that i didn't watch the 2015 world cup but this was still great to watch. Australia just outplayed England in every single category, i think most people owe Mitchell Marsh an apology but i would of like to see Glenn Maxwell out there, getting that double ton in shield. Maxwell is also a better bowler but it was great to see M Marsh to get that 181, and that stunning 239 by Steven Smith. Everyone in the team just did a fantastic job, England had their moments and players but the big difference between the two sides are that everyone contributed. Broad contributed a stunning 12 runs, and i see this as Alistair's final nail in the coffin for his international career.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Very surprised that Paine wasn't given the opportunity to score a 50 but I guess that's the way the Aussies play. I wonder what the reaction might have been had such a thing been done by a sub-continental captain.

These milestones are treated as big deals in Asia. The general mentality in Australia is to win games as a team and rack up silverware. That's why they're the greatest team of all time. No one remembers whether Paine got 49/50. He contributed to a winning cause and Australia won the test. That's all that matters!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
These milestones are treated as big deals in Asia
I get that. But all it would have taken was 1-2 balls. I'm sure he would have cherished scoring an Ashes 50* a bit more. And they had time in their hands unlike the previous Test.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Okay, so hypothetical time: if England lose the third Test, is there any point in putting Broad and Anderson through the fourth and fifth Tests?

They only have so much cricket left in them - would it be waste to use some of that in two dead rubbers?

7. :eng: :ar: Moeen Ali
8. :eng: :ar: Chris Woakes
9. :eng: :ar: Tom Curran
10. :eng: :bwl: Craig Overton or Jake Ball
11. :eng: :bwl: Mark Wood or Mason Crane

Damn that's toothless.

Not really about being dead rubber games. Its looks a lot better to lose 3-2 than 5-0, which is looking pretty inevitable at the moment.

Although, admittedly, Broad and Anderson have bowled pretty toothless throughout this Ashes series (going by scorecard and some overs watched in the early mornings), without their experience England could lose worse in the upcoming tests.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Congratulations to Aussies. I think the difference between Aussies and rest of the world teams particularly sub-continent is that Aussies win matches via collective teamwork while most of the other teams bank on one or two key players. Certainly, they are the benchmarks, No matter where they stand as far as their ranking is concerned. Beating or even giving tough time to Australia on their home soil? Boy, It has always been difficult and virtually had been a nightmare for sub-continent teams.

D

Deleted member 46200

Great, I'm back ready to watch a closely contested ashes series...

D

Dutch

Congratulations to Aussies. I think the difference between Aussies and rest of the world teams particularly sub-continent is that Aussies win matches via collective teamwork while most of the other teams bank on one or two key players. Certainly, they are the benchmarks, No matter where they stand as far as their ranking is concerned. Beating or even giving tough time to Australia on their home soil? Boy, It has always been difficult and virtually had been a nightmare for sub-continent teams.
It really helps though when as a team you have the best batsman in the world and three very ferocious bowlers and a decent spinner.......

D

Deleted member 46200

Not really about being dead rubber games. Its looks a lot better to lose 3-2 than 5-0, which is looking pretty inevitable at the moment.

Although, admittedly, Broad and Anderson have bowled pretty toothless throughout this Ashes series (going by scorecard and some overs watched in the early mornings), without their experience England could lose worse in the upcoming tests.
Pivotal game at the WACA... ? Three nil for sure, to stand any chance England had to win in Adelaide (following a draw at the GABBA) and then stand better chances at the MCG and then the SCG but. They lost in Brisbane and the five nil monicker is being hung around their necks.

D

Deleted member 46200

Errr.... Most teams can only win with collective teamwork what's the point in scoring a thousand runs if you can't take ten wickets in short time and reducing the opposition to a token amount. in 2010/11 I feel England had a great team and even better ethos the same can be said in 2005 with England but not many standout players... ?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 46200

These milestones are treated as big deals in Asia. The general mentality in Australia is to win games as a team and rack up silverware. That's why they're the greatest team of all time. No one remembers whether Paine got 49/50. He contributed to a winning cause and Australia won the test. That's all that matters!
To all we know Smith may have a problem with Paine and decided to takeaway his moment of glory. He could have batted for another session and England would have still capitulated quicker.

D

Deleted member 46200

View attachment 201967

WTF is that pitch? Surely a subcontinent pitch like that would have been called the most disgraceful words and calls would have been to cancel the match. That pitch looks shit and is nowhere an international standard even for a day 5 pitch
Well, one team didn''t have a problem batting or bowling on it... !

The Prindiville end love this ground.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well, one team didn''t have a problem batting or bowling on it... !

The Prindiville end love this ground.
Oh how this was missed! Welcome back! Yes probably I over reacted

D

Deleted member 46200

Oh how this was missed! Welcome back! Yes probably I over reacted
Missed... ?

Or maybe the England bowlers were just not in the show... Being honest Hazelwood looks good, please don't get too excited over him or Starc... Maybe do as they are doing well at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread