• Australia

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Okay, so hypothetical time: if England lose the third Test, is there any point in putting Broad and Anderson through the fourth and fifth Tests?

They only have so much cricket left in them - would it be waste to use some of that in two dead rubbers?

7. :eng: :ar: Moeen Ali
8. :eng: :ar: Chris Woakes
9. :eng: :ar: Tom Curran
10. :eng: :bwl: Craig Overton or Jake Ball
11. :eng: :bwl: Mark Wood or Mason Crane

Damn that's toothless.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
30785021-CE31-4BFA-92F1-0251A586D9C0.jpeg

WTF is that pitch? Surely a subcontinent pitch like that would have been called the most disgraceful words and calls would have been to cancel the match. That pitch looks shit and is nowhere an international standard even for a day 5 pitch

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Surely over the course of a whole day Malan, Bairstow, Ali, Woakes and Overton should be able to find 127 runs between them? If not that would be utterly disgraceful.

El Loco

ENG....
I know the Oz bowlers are looking like world beaters at the mo, but still...

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Okay, so hypothetical time: if England lose the third Test, is there any point in putting Broad and Anderson through the fourth and fifth Tests?

They only have so much cricket left in them - would it be waste to use some of that in two dead rubbers?

7. :eng: :ar: Moeen Ali
8. :eng: :ar: Chris Woakes
9. :eng: :ar: Tom Curran
10. :eng: :bwl: Craig Overton or Jake Ball
11. :eng: :bwl: Mark Wood or Mason Crane

Damn that's toothless.

Drop Broad, Ali and Overton (if injured). Bring in Foakes, Curran & Crane. Anderson has to stay, so there can be an experienced bowler. :)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I am glad the rain has not stopped. No team deserved to bat on that horrific pitch. I hope England take this as an opportunity and I do not know what they can do but come back stronger and win the next match.

mattk

Club Captain
View attachment 201967

WTF is that pitch? Surely a subcontinent pitch like that would have been called the most disgraceful words and calls would have been to cancel the match. That pitch looks shit and is nowhere an international standard even for a day 5 pitch
Looks like a proper day 5 pitch to me.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Apparently, Australia is steam-rolling England in this Ashes. I think its more about the approach than talent. Captaincy is the difference between two sides. Mitchel Starc is a born star and Steve Smith hard-work is paying off now.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unless there is rain, I don't see how Australia won't take the last 4 wickets in 50+ overs. A real shame really if the last two Tests turn out to be dead rubbers. Agree that England have been on the mat so far but without the hope of retaining the Ashes, I don't think the last two Tests would be competitive and interesting.

El Loco

ENG....
Surely over the course of a whole day Malan, Bairstow, Ali, Woakes and Overton should be able to find 127 runs between them? If not that would be utterly disgraceful.
:facepalm Thought we were chasing, totally different game dynamic hahahaha. Never mind.
Lol, would've been quite an odd spectacle if Australia had won the Ashes by retiring Anderson hurt.
What a stinker of a tour this has been.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am glad the rain has not stopped. No team deserved to bat on that horrific pitch. I hope England take this as an opportunity and I do not know what they can do but come back stronger and win the next match.
Apart from a crack or two that are typical of Perth, i don't see anything wrong. If you watched the match, then you would've seen it. It behaved like a normal pitch.

D

Dutch

Sigh: England are right back to where we were: where has the development of the game got us. We look utterly out of our league out there, utterly.

Users who are viewing this thread