The first cricket match you watched

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sometime before 1996 because I remember watching Manoj Prabhakar play for India. :p

But it was actually sometime between 1993-95 (when I was 6-7 years old) since I remember being in Dubai reading over the Sharjah Cup schedules in the newspapers.

Earliest memories of an actual match were probably from the 1996 World Cup with that horrible match where we forfeited the game to Sri Lanka. Still remember the score at that point (120/8) and the stranded Vinod Kambli crying because of the poor crowd behavior at the usual suspect, Eden Gardens.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
1996 final as far as i can remember. may be i watched cricket before, but didnt know what was going on. but i remember 1996 final. i woke up, there were like 15 ppl over to our house. they asked me which team i support "SL or AUS" i said... sri lanka :D and they made me sit on the sri lankan side of the room. there was only 2 other dudes, supporting OZ :p

ones the game was over, i wanted to watch it again b/c i got into it soo much!

Mercules

Club Cricketer
England v Sri Lanka at the 2007 World Cup when Nixon & Bopara took us to within a few runs of their total. Probably saw something before that, but that was the match that made me realise this cricket lark is actually decent.

age of the fall

International Cricketer
Haven't been a cricket fan for a long time so I remember my first match well. It was 2005-06 an ODI with Sri Lanka vs New Zealand. The ending was great because with James Franklin unbeaten on 45* but he was at the non Strikers end. Michael Mason was facing the final over with one run needed. Jayasuria bowled 5 Dot balls, and on the last ball of the match Mason Stepped out and smashed him for four over his head to win the match for NZ.

Cricinfo - 2nd ODI: New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Queenstown, Dec 31, 2006

Arunava

Club Captain
oh nice topic. .:clap

.old memories. I was forced by my school teacher to prepare project on then ongoing Wills Cricket World Cup '96. so i started to watch matches and gain knowledge about players. And i vividly remember Nathan Astle scoring century in that game. It was

Wills World Cup - 1st match, Group B
England v New Zealand

Cricinfo - 1st Match: England v New Zealand at Ahmedabad, Feb 14, 1996

then next game was one in which Gary Kirsten scored his highest ever ODI score,

Wills World Cup - 2nd match, Group B
South Africa v United Arab Emirates

Cricinfo - 2nd Match: South Africa v United Arab Emirates at Rawalpindi, Feb 16, 1996

(but i wasn't their fan by then :D, was WI v/s SA Quarter Final match that made me their fan :D)
Wills World Cup - 3rd quarter final
South Africa v West Indies

Cricinfo - 3rd QF: South Africa v West Indies at Karachi, Mar 11, 1996

cheers :happy

CoolzEng45

Club Cricketer
I saw south afica and England in 2004. G.Smith scored over 200 in birmingham :(

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The first match I watched live was Pakistan vs England in Manchester in 2001 or 2002 can't remember and on TV was 99 world cup

usy

Chairman of Selectors
But is it not possible to watch live match on tv?

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Code:
I mean like I want to see that match played in Mancester...and The the great Inzaman hit a six right next to me:D...nearly hit a woman in the face:rolleyes:

LMAO cool cool man, must have been alot of fun.

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
1992 final which i was not gonna watch it as i me and dad went to uncle house where all my uncles and cousins were there we went there and i told my dad i am gonna sit in the then he replied i can drop u home and i said no i will come thank god i watched it

Magz

Club Cricketer
The first time I can remember seeing cricket was the 2001 Ashes. First time I ever actually watched it with interested was the last WC.

Users who are viewing this thread