The first cricket match you watched

Jack_Fourie

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
One of Bradman's last games. I was very young then so don't remember much of it.

Precambrian

International Cricketer
SA vs England 1992 WC match. I was a toddler then, but remember the thing because of the kits and the day light match.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
First match I can remember on TV: 1st Test of 1988/89 WI v Aus at Brisbane. I was only 6 and I don't remember too much. Just the cool names of the West Indian bowlers: Patrick Patterson, Malcolm Marshall and Curtley Ambrose.

First match live at the ground was at the SCG on New Years Day 1991 I think: ODI between Australia and England. Getting doused in beer during the Mexican Wave was a bit daunting for an 8 year old kid, but I remember watching Mark Waugh and Simon O'Donnell both made 50s in a good partnership to give Australia a reasonable score. Then we squeezed England with spin and I went home a happy kid. Mark Waugh became my favourite player.

jordox

International Cricketer
Haha, i think that guy claiming to be over 60 years old is having us on.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Your earliest Cricketing memory!

Just reading through the `Your first cricket icon` thread, I saw that many members heve started following the sport very recently. Would be interesting to know when most of the members started following the sport. The game has changed a lot since the 90s, Lots of greats have come and gone since then. Cricket has changed a lot (I think it was more exciting in the 90s and early `00s).

I started following the sport avidly since the 1995-96 season. I think I remember the Hero Cup of 94/95 pretty well and the 96 World Cup made it an integral part of my life, like for many people of my generation. Have very faint memories of people waking up early in the morning in my house during the 92 WC but I knew very little about it since I was just 5 years old back then.

In a sense, I feel people who just started watching Cricket very recently have`nt been as fortunate as those who started watching it in the 90s. The quality was way better those days. Donald,Ambrose,Walsh,McGrath,Wasim,Waqar,Srinath,Kumble,Vaas,even the Zimbabwe team of the 90s was awesome. On the batting front we had Lara,Sanath (at his peak),Slater,Hooper,Azharuddin,Anwar,Mark Waugh,Andy Flower,Aravinda and many more. Can`t beat those days.

deeb

School Cricketer
First test match I remember seeing on tv was one of the 1980 Eng v WI series. Can't remember which one, but remember a great bit of fielding from Fauod Bacchus!

First time I watched several hours of a match wasn't until the following year when Australia played England at Trent Bridge.

I didn't get to see a Test Match live at the ground until I went to Headingley in 2000 when England played WI. That was the '2-day test'. I saw the 1st day when 15 wkts fell. Glad I didn't have tickets for the 3rd day!

First actual cricket match I watched (apart from watching my brother play for a village side), was when Surrey came to Guildford. Not sure who the opponents were, but I do remember seeing my hero, Derek Randall there in about '84 or '85

TumTum

International Cricketer
It is too blurry for me. Came to Australia in 2000 and I probably took a peak at a few matches which I can't remember.

But the 1st match I watched "seriously" was Aus v NZ at the start of 2008/09.

TumTum

International Cricketer

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
*does the math* You were four? I'd be interested to know the first game you went to live?

Users who are viewing this thread