Third Test: Australia v England at Edgbaston

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
^ yes and the sky is blue

North surely has cemented his spot for this series. Broad did better in the 2nd innings but must go, we need venom! we need to take wickets consistently!

Sure he took 2 and should have had Clarke, but there was no pressure at all. It was like one of Bells centuries...meaningless

Can't really take the mick out of someone stating the obvious then go on to say we need to take wickets...

I'm glad Clarke got that century in the end, though it is a pity North fell just short, even from an English supporters suspective - he thoroughly deserved it as he played to the situation and was impressive. Draw was probably the right result in the end, wonder how it would of turned out without rain.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
One of the best catch at gully by Anderson, seriously that was a stunning in a fraction of a second! :hpraise

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well think of snooker angles. Because it hit as if cutting the blue into the centre pocket it pushed the stumps together and the bails inwards instead of knocking them off. Try hitting stumps gently side on and the bails will sometimes stay on because of the angle.

barmyarmy added 8 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Been bowled and caught now!

Good point, Barmy! That's what must have happened then - there's no legislating for that, it's just rotten luck. (Wonder if it'll be in Ashes 2009 - I wouldn't be entirely surprised - I have had the bowler hit the stumps on his run in...)

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That is the only possible explanation! :p It wasn't as if it just rolled on after a delivery from a spinner, the stumps were hit at 85mph! Shouldn't happen in professional cricket, ffs. What if that was the last wicket we needed??

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Snicko just confirmed it. The ball hit the damn stumps! Crowd booing was competely understandable.
Shut up you. Complain complain complain.

Whingeing Poms.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Can't see any changes to the batting, Clark may come in for Siddle but I think the selectors and Ponting still have faith in him.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Finally Aus managed to draw this one,thanks to Clarke and North,it was really superb batting from these two,there was pressure on them,North just missed his hundred and Clarke went on his 2nd hundred of the series,really it was a very good batting performance by these two. Aus still have the chance and they would be desperate to win the next one,the 4th match..lets see if they make any changes for the next game...

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bit ironic given that every crim has spent the entire series blaming the umpires for pretty much everything.
Uhh? Have I?

I only complained about Strauss' "catch". I don't whinge about LBW decisions and that... Every team gets robbed sooner or later.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
It'd be logical for the team to go unchanged besides Siddle and put Clark in. Speculation all round for a return from Lee but I don't think anyone would want him in before Clark.

And that Anderson catch was a ripper.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
but I don't think anyone would want him in before Clark.

I can see the selectors and Ricky wanting him back over Clark. They seem to think Clark's career is next to finished. And Lee gives them that extra batting option which they seem to love. Its too risky for mind bringing him in with no match time under his belt. He could break down at any stage and who knows what his form will be now. If he is coming back it should be the 5th Test after playing the tour match.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
I'm growing wearsome of the English press talking about the English bowling line up. They consistently tell us that when the pitch is flat, the sky is blue and there is no movement, that, they just arent very threatening. But can't the same be said for most bowling attacks?

It's just stupid really, I know there are bowlers who even on flat wickets can do stuff but the only real ones who can do stuff are the spinners.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm growing wearsome of the English press talking about the English bowling line up. They consistently tell us that when the pitch is flat, the sky is blue and there is no movement, that, they just arent very threatening. But can't the same be said for most bowling attacks?

It's just stupid really, I know there are bowlers who even on flat wickets can do stuff but the only real ones who can do stuff are the spinners.

So, thanks to the rain, it petered out to a draw. Still, we only need one win or two more draws now. Let's put this to bed in the next match.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Shut up you. Complain complain complain.

Whingeing Poms.

:rtfl :rtfl :rtfl :rtfl

You're calling us Whingeing Poms, when you've done enough whingeing for five Ashes series in three Test Matches! Ponting alone has been acting like a crybaby this series.

Sorry, but that's really funny. :laugh :laugh :laugh

Besides, what's to complain about? We're still 1-0 up and the games are running out. :p

Personally, I can't see us being beaten by this Australian side - they have indeed lost their aura.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread