Australia

formula1man

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think they only have Indian one

MacLovin added 4 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Australia Replica ODI and Test Kit: Cricshop.com The Cricket Experts

i guess i gotta wait a lil while! i wanted to get 1 before any one else gets 1 :p

and i didnt know you could put name #s and all

Well in the latest issue of Inside Cricket they have an add for it.

img021.jpg

img022.jpg

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
thanks man! but wait it dont come with the green inner? i knew they would do that! thats what they did with last 1 too! i was hopin they would sale the whole thing! thats the reason i want it! its different then the other jerseys and the popping stars on the right :P

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
This is hardly a long tournament, though. The winning team plays 7 matches before getting to the final, which is approximately equal to 3 ODI games. If they're going to get worn out in 3 ODI's they probably don't deserve to be in the team since they won't last 1 Test match.

That's not the point. The travelling alone wears you out, and being away from your family etc.

formula1man

International Cricketer
thanks man! but wait it dont come with the green inner? i knew they would do that! thats what they did with last 1 too! i was hopin they would sale the whole thing! thats the reason i want it! its different then the other jerseys and the popping stars on the right :P

i know it is stupid how they do that.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Just a terrible terrible performance by the Australians. I don't know if its because they don't know how to play 20/20 or just don't care but either way it's pathetic.

We probably have 10 times the skill as a team like Ireland but the reason why they're in the Super 8's and we're not is because they have 50 times the heart.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Just a terrible terrible performance by the Australians. I don't know if its because they don't know how to play 20/20 or just don't care but either way it's pathetic.

We probably have 10 times the skill as a team like Ireland but the reason why they're in the Super 8's and we're not is because they have 50 times the heart.

Well the performance certainly was below par, but lets not pretend we are completely imcompetent. T20 happens so fast it doesn't take much to change a game. Say Dilshan misses one of his ramp shots, or doesn't quite clear mid on early in his innings - game changes completely. What if Sangakkara gets bowled by Bracken instead of getting 4 off the paddle from the yorker in the 2nd last over? What if Ponting had cracked Mendis through the covers instead of getting his leg stump upended? What if Mike Hussey catches Andre Fletcher? You are talking a matter of inches and to suggest that Australia completely sucks at T20 when they may have only needed a couple of things to go their way is stupid. Look at England, apparently they were the worst T20 team ever one day and then two days later they smacked Pakistan. The tournament is so short and the games so short, that almost ANY reactions are guaranteed to be overreactions.

Look at the warmups, Australia won both their warmups easily. Bangladesh got carted, and the well regarded NZ was pretty handily beaten too. I don't buy any of this 'we have no idea' hype. It was just a couple of games where we didn't click - they just happened to be reasonably important games :(

Lol, we didn't send our players because theres no point risking player burn out this close to the Ashes. After the SA tour and the Pak tour we didn't want to ware our players out by playing in the IPL AND the Twenty20 world cup. The Ashes is so close, and letting our players play in 4 tournaments in 4-5 months right before the Ashes is ridiculous.

Yeah I can't believe this is questioned. Look at the Aussie schedule since October last year. A shoved-into-a-month 4 Test series in India, then back home for Test series against NZ and SA in November and December. ODIs vs both teams again in January and a bit of Feb. Then off to SA for more Test and ODIs up til mid-April. Then they had the Pakistan series to play in the UAE. So they were playing basically non stop for 6-7 months, half of them away from home. It's not as though they had heaps of time off before that either. First the WI tour, May-July '08. Then hosting some ODIs v Bangladesh in early Sep.

But nah, the Aussies should have dropped everything, pushed away the fatigue and all played in the IPL for 5 weeks to prepare for a 2 week tournament. When there's a far more important 2 month tournament that follows (the Ashes for those not aware :rolleyes:), I fully back their decision to mostly give it a miss.

karnog

International Cricketer
Hey in the Windies game did anyone notice Brad Haddin's black eye when they did the whole "what is your favourite shot"? I kept quiet hoping others saw it. No one did but me. Anyone got video footage because it could've been the trick of the light. I have a theory... thats rather controversial

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Hey in the Windies game did anyone notice Brad Haddin's black eye when they did the whole "what is your favourite shot"? I kept quiet hoping others saw it. No one did but me. Anyone got video footage because it could've been the trick of the light. I have a theory... thats rather controversial

And what's that?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Something to do with Symmo's exit? Yay, conspiracies!

karnog

International Cricketer
Your on the right track Sohum... yeah i just need to see the footage. I've searched youtube, obviously nothing. Might check out the highlights from somewhere (if they show Haddin's little cue)... hmmm

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Your on the right track Sohum... yeah i just need to see the footage. I've searched youtube, obviously nothing. Might check out the highlights from somewhere (if they show Haddin's little cue)... hmmm
Keep in mind that those intro videos were shot a long time ago. Possibly before this tournament. But definitely before the tournament started.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
OK i really hate brett lee, how the **** could he be chosen to play in the second T20 after being smashed for 56 from 4 overs and the selectors are too stupid to know that you need a proper spinner which lost us the first match and to use crap part timers like dave hussey and an ok part timer in clarke

Users who are viewing this thread