Tour match thread -Scotland v Australia Aug 28

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Ponting's weak spot in the last 12 months is bowlers with bounce hitting the top of off-stump, so why is Harmison bowling short at him? =/ Ponting's excellent at playing the short ball, very interesting tactic.

King Pietersen added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

:laugh

Nice.........

Haha, don't know what that mistake was meant to say. I certainly didn't intend to call Prince Phillip 'It' :laugh

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
So far so good for Katich against the swinging ball. That was one of his big problems from the last Ashes.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It seems Ponting is a bit eager to play that pull shot. Definitely could be his undoing is he doesn't pull his head in.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Are the Sky comentators doing this game, and are they already calling for a recall for Harmison.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yeh they are, but they're surprisingly not calling for Harmison's recall. Still saying that he needs to do it consistently throughout the day before he's considered. I'm sure if he takes 4 or 5 wickets they'll jump back on the Harmy bandwagon.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Ponting gone, wow he is badly out of form. Hussey will have to do well here.

Edit: It doesn't sound like it was that good of a ball, just a very poor shot.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
We can only hope Ponting's failures are occurring now. He really has dipped if form over the past year. Good chance for Hussey to find some form.

karnog

International Cricketer
I don't want to sound like a cynic but what if one or two of our middle order players lose form. Who do replace them with? Injury prone Watson or Mcdonald who it seems doesn't bat at top 6 level.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Strauss and Cook have put on 50 against Warwickshire, not a great attack though really. Woakes is the only one that could trouble them really.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I don't want to sound like a cynic but what if one or two of our middle order players lose form. Who do replace them with? Injury prone Watson or Mcdonald who it seems doesn't bat at top 6 level.

Plus North hasn't been that great lately has he, or am I mistaken?

Users who are viewing this thread