Tour match thread -Scotland v Australia Aug 28

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just what I wanted to see this morning. The Lions bowling first. Onions and Harmison vs Hughes and Katich first up, going to be worth watching! I'd love to see Onions pick up a 5fer and get himself into that Cardiff side, he's had an incredible season so far. Really promising Lions squad as well, looks really strong on paper. The Aussie are certainly going to get hit with pace, Onions, Harmison, Mahmood and Bresnan, none of them are slow.

Bresnan fast?

Your've had a big change of heart over Onions KP ;)

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Sweet, the bloke I dominated with on ICC06 for Somerset and England is playing. Absolute gun.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Bresnan fast?

Your've had a big change of heart over Onions KP ;)

Bresnan's not slow. 86-88mph on average, can hit 90mph if he really bends his back.

Only because I've seen abit more of him in the CC, and seen his FC record for this season. He's the man in possession and has performed ridiculously well in County Cricket. Would be very harsh to drop him I feel.

King Pietersen added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Sweet, the bloke I dominated with on ICC06 for Somerset and England is playing. Absolute gun.

Who's that? Don't think there are any Somerset players in the side are there? =/

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Bit of swing early from Harmison. He needs a good game to get selection for the Ashes. Where abouts is he in the pecking order?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I'd say the pecking order is:

Anderson, Broad, Flintoff, Onions/Sidebottom and then Harmison.

Onions started well, bowling straight at Hughes seems to be a plan. Nice to see young Phillip copping a nice knock to the head early as well. :D

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Just looking at our line-up, it should be our First Test line-up except for Siddle in for Lee or Hauritz. Haury needs to have a big game today.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Cricinfo doesn't even have live commentry :mad:

Did Onions get any swing, whats the pitch like?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Onions looks very good today.

Harmison should just keep peppering Prince Phailip in his face.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
So Panesar is playing for England against a county team and Rashid is playing Australia.

Is that giving us any clue to who will play.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Hopefully not. Probably just testing the guys out against some quality opposition. They probably know that MSP's going to epicly fail against Warwickshire. Onions should be in the side ahead of both MSP and Gash though really.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
So Panesar is playing for England against a county team and Rashid is playing Australia.

Is that giving us any clue to who will play.

Panesar will play because he's in no form whatsoever and is the lesser bowler. That's how our selectors work.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Panesar should be nowhere near the team at the minute, I really hope Rashid's inclusion in the Lions squad is an indication he will be in Cardiff.

Users who are viewing this thread