Tour match thread -Scotland v Australia Aug 28

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Panesar should be nowhere near the team at the minute, I really hope Rashid's inclusion in the Lions squad is an indication he will be in Cardiff.

Well I think it will work like this. If Panesar takes a few wickets here the selectors will say he has his form back and he will play in the first test. I'm guessing that if Rashid gets hit around they will say he isn't ready yet and not pick him which would make sense.

But what happens if Rashid does well, they would have to pick him right.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
It would of made sense for Panesar to play in the Lions game to me, but I guess this is the easiest way to justify his place in the team if he does well.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Hughes has a very interesting technique. Definitely unique. Looking good though, doesn't appear to have been phased by the hit on the head early in his innings. Can see him making alot of runs in this series, he won't average 140 like he did in the Championship, but can see him averaging at least 50.

That last delivery is an area where I think he could be targetted though, just outside the off-stump. His footwork takes him to the onside, so if you can take the ball away from him, either in the air or off the pitch he could struggle I feel. Have to wait and see.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Hughes has a very interesting technique. Definitely unique. Looking good though, doesn't appear to have been phased by the hit on the head early in his innings. Can see him making alot of runs in this series, he won't average 140 like he did in the Championship, but can see him averaging at least 50.

That last delivery is an area where I think he could be targetted though, just outside the off-stump. His footwork takes him to the onside, so if you can take the ball away from him, either in the air or off the pitch he could struggle I feel. Have to wait and see.

Yeah that's his weak spot. Get him swinging early outside off stump and your in with a half decent chance.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
It would appear that Prince Phailip doesn't like the short ball ladies and gentlemen.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Hughes was looking like he had Raina-syndrome this morning. Never looked comfortable against the short stuff. Bowling Steve.

and Ben was telling us that Hughes wouldn't be phased by short stuff.......:p

Harmison's bowling seriously well this morning. He does this every summer. Fails miserably on tour but then goes back to Durham and finds his real form. I think he's still got a Test future, and have felt that way all season.

Last edited:

karnog

International Cricketer
Late swing might be the biggest challenge for Hughes and unfortunately Anderson of late has got that. Hughes just has to survive Anderson and i think he's set for a happy Ashes series.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Hughes was looking like he had Raina-syndrome this morning. Never looked comfortable against the short stuff. Bowling Steve.

and Ben was telling us that Hughes wouldn't be phased by short stuff.......:p

Haha nah that's the way your going to get the chosen one out.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Harmison could take all 20 wickets in this match but it doesn't matter because if he bowls the first ball of the Ashes it will knock out 2nd slip and we'll lose 5-0 again.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
He has nothing on Williamson :p

So how did he get out, Cricinfo doesn't have anything.

Edit: Don't worry they do!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Harmison bowled a quick bouncer at him, and Hughes played it poorly and gloved the ball into the slips. Was good bowling, at good pace from our Steve.

England 38/0 from 9 overs against Warwickshire. 19 a piece for Strauss and Cook.

Last edited:

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Hughes out to a short one from Harmison - hopefully the Poms think this is the master plan to Phil, usually he gobbles up the short stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread