Hilfenhaus
McDonald
Hauritz
Lee
Watson

That would be my ideal bowling line-up.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
So Hauritz is in with a chance to play the first test then?

Siddle
Johnson
Clark

So I'm guessing it is between Lee and Hauritz for the final bowling posistion. I thought after his preformance in the tour game he had all but lost his place.

He is in with more than a chance, he is favoured to get a spot for the 1st Test. Unless he does a Krezja against the Lions I expect him to be picked.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Yeah but Jeff Thompsons a cock. He said if he was timed "properly" then he would have been hitting 110 mph/180 kmh.

Anyway, I'm getting real excited about this series. Win or lose it's gunna be a good summer.

Yeah Thommo loves "preening his feathers", talking about how much harder it was 30 years ago, how he could hit 250kmh no probs, and how everyone except Shaun Tait sucks...I think journos sniff him out when they need some filler. I don't think he knows anything about cricket, just tolerated hanging around the game for 10 years just so he could bowl at batsmen as fast as possible and then bugger off down to the pub afterwards. As you can tell, I don't think much of him.

So Hauritz is in with a chance to play the first test then?

Siddle
Johnson
Clark

So I'm guessing it is between Lee and Hauritz for the final bowling posistion. I thought after his preformance in the tour game he had all but lost his place.

Don't lock Clark in yet. As I went at pains to point out a few pages back, Lee has outbowled Clark is every series since the 06/07 Ashes. Lee is younger, fitter, faster, more experienced, and has had virtually the same amount of time out of cricket in the last year as Clark. He just happened to bowl 3 overs at Chris Gayle recently and now everyone hates him again. And as King Pietersen pointed out, Lee has given the real KP some hurry up in the past couple of series (conceded his fair share of runs in the process too though).

I think it all depends on the role Ponting is looking for. If we play Hauritz he may want some extra fire power (assuming that Hauritz won't be much of a wicket taking threat) and turn to Lee. Or he might not trust Mitch and Siddle to keep the runs down enough and pick Stuey Clark as a nice tight 3rd option. I'd be happy with either.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The tour game against the Lions is going to be televised on Fox in Australia at around 7:30pm (Sydney time). Quite suprised by that. I'll probably end up watching some of it.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I looked at the Sky Guide and couldn't find anything, asked a friend that seems to know a bit about Sky and he couldn't find anything.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
That sucks, I thought they would of had this game. Most other countires are getting it.

Ari

International Cricketer
Yep but by international standards the cricket coverage NZ gets is fairly terrible. Outside of NZ games and major tournaments we seem to only get the Australian and English home series these days.

ajdude

International Coach
Hilfenhaus
McDonald
Hauritz
Lee
Watson

That would be my ideal bowling line-up.

Ahahahahaha

hohhahahaahahaha

ahaha hold on, give me a second here

ahahahahhaa

That would be your ideal bowling line-up IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY FACING THAT SIDE. Honestly? No Johnson? No Siddle? No Clark? McDonald and Hauritz playing the same roles? An injury prone Watson? Whatever floats your boat, mate, have fun losing to the Retards XI. ;)

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Just what I wanted to see this morning. The Lions bowling first. Onions and Harmison vs Hughes and Katich first up, going to be worth watching! I'd love to see Onions pick up a 5fer and get himself into that Cardiff side, he's had an incredible season so far. Really promising Lions squad as well, looks really strong on paper. The Aussie are certainly going to get hit with pace, Onions, Harmison, Mahmood and Bresnan, none of them are slow.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Mmm, dunno whether I should watch this or play some TW10 on Wii. Might watch a bit of this to start with.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I'm annoying that Hilfy has only been giving one chance in England so far!

Users who are viewing this thread