Tour match thread -Scotland v Australia Aug 28

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dan, you must realise that constantly slagging off an opposition player makes fate work against you? So start praising him please.

He's Australian. Even the shite Australians cause us problems because our sportsmen just have a mental block against Australian sportsmen. You could find any random Aussie working behind a bar over here and play him and we'd struggle against him.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Heyyyy. I've got tickets for the 4th and 5th days of the Cardiff test next weekend. So excited, my first ever LIVE cricket game. Can't wait to see the titanic battle unfold...that is if England decide to turn up.

My series prediction: Eng 1-2 Aus

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Heyyyy. I've got tickets for the 4th and 5th days of the Cardiff test next weekend. So excited, my first ever LIVE cricket game. Can't wait to see the titanic battle unfold...that is if England decide to turn up.

My series prediction: Eng 1-2 Aus
Also if the game is still going. :p

Precambrian

International Cricketer
Going to back Australia for a 3-0 blanking here. Sorry barmyarmy.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Going to back Australia for a 3-0 blanking here. Sorry barmyarmy.

Hey, it's ok. I don't trust your views anyway ;)
It's a really tough one to call actually as Australia are clearly there for the taking in many ways but England have played some dire cricket recently.
I think their batting might be a bit too strong but 2-1 looks a more likely result to me.

Sureshot

Executive member
I'm not sure of this Hauritz bagging. He looked more competent than a couple of the seamers in the tour match at Hove.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Anyone else see Jeff Thompson absolutely rip into Ponting on SSN?

Magz

Club Cricketer
Anyone else see Jeff Thompson absolutely rip into Ponting on SSN?

Yeah but Jeff Thompsons a cock. He said if he was timed "properly" then he would have been hitting 110 mph/180 kmh.

Anyway, I'm getting real excited about this series. Win or lose it's gunna be a good summer.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I hope England pulls this off, but I don't see it happening. Flintoff isn't what he was, Broad-Jimmy-Sidebottom isn't as good as the Jones-Harmison-Anderson combination that worked so well in the last Ashes win. Batting looks kind of brittle IMO, the isn't enough experience. Cook is so talented but is inconsistent, Strauss is a new captain, Bopara is still new to Tests.

Flintoff will be the key again.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I hope England pulls this off, but I don't see it happening. Flintoff isn't what he was, Broad-Jimmy-Sidebottom isn't as good as the Jones-Harmison-Anderson combination that worked so well in the last Ashes win. Batting looks kind of brittle IMO, the isn't enough experience. Cook is so talented but is inconsistent, Strauss is a new captain, Bopara is still new to Tests.

Flintoff will be the key again.
Anderson didn't play in the last Ashes win, it was Hoggard.

Strauss first captained England 3 years ago and SHOULD have captained us in the 5-0 down under. Because if he had, it wouldn't have been 5-0.

Magz

Club Cricketer
Strauss did pretty well last time he was captain.

IMO the pace attack has the potential to be just as deadly as the 05 one. If Flintoff manages to find form then I think we will have the upper hand.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Just out of interest what if Mcdonald scores a century and takes 7 wickets against the Lions boys? I know its hypothetical but would u have him over North or not?

He kinda of needs to be playing and hes not!

Side for the Lions
Australia: Phil Hughes, Simon Katich, Ricky Ponting (capt), Mike Hussey, Michael Clarke, Marcus North, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, Stuart Clark, Nathan Hauritz.

As expected Siddle is a lock in. North will be stuck with although I don't want to imagine what we will do if he or Hussey have a shocker here and in the 1st Test. Hilfenhaus as expected is out of the picture.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
So Hauritz is in with a chance to play the first test then?

Siddle
Johnson
Clark

So I'm guessing it is between Lee and Hauritz for the final bowling posistion. I thought after his preformance in the tour game he had all but lost his place.

Users who are viewing this thread