Shabbir Ahmed 
Naved-ul-Hasan

R

ricky123

Harbhajan and Nehra struck with viral fever

Wisden Cricinfo staff

August 20, 2004

Harbhajan Singh: may miss out on the action at Amsterdam ? AFP

Harbhajan Singh and Ashish Nehra have been struck with viral fever just two days before India's first game against Pakistan in the Videocon Cup at Amsterdam. Both Harbhajan and Nehra didn't take part in the training session on Thursday.

PTI quoted the team physio, Andrew Leipus, as saying: "Ashish is particularly bad and he is completely laid up in the bed." Leipus himself was suffering from throat congestion and stayed away from practice. Harbhajan's condition wasn't too different and he expressed his anguish. "I am completely bereft of any strength in my frame. It's difficult to even be on my legs."

Harbhajan returned to the Indian team for the Asia Cup after a ligament tear forced him to be out of action for nearly eight months. Nehra's illness is merely the latest setback in his already-chequered career.

However, there was some good news for the Indians when Leipus confirmed that VVS Laxman was in good shape. "The swelling has subsided completely and VVS has recovered well."

India feature in the first two games of the tournament and take on Pakistan and Australia on August 21 and 23 respectively.

? Wisden Cricinfo Ltd

Attachments

• inline.jpg
    inline.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 4

-$ohail-

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
:clap: I do`nt tthink that we will get through today`s game with a result or even the other 3 matches ! I saw the weather forecast for Amsterdam and its quiet bleak, :( thunderstorms for the next week expected .
I also read that the ground was completely drenched on friday and that it would be difficult to get a 50 over game.
Just hoping that rain does not playy spoilsport bcoz we have 3 of the most EXCITING ODI teams on view in this tourney
Anyone with a better news on the weather ? Please post . Iam waiting to hear something good about the weather like BRIGHT AND SUNNY!!!!!!!!!!! ;D: Will we even get to see that ?

BTW Sachin will be out of today`s game with a tennis elbow injury .

C

cricket2004

Tri nation series,Pak vs india amtch ahs been delayed due to weather conditions

R

ricky123

;)
Code:
Pakistan 192/6 (33/33 ov)
India 127 (27/33 ov)

good win for pakistan ,

and good comeback game for afridi :cheer:

H

hassan1823

Scorecard- 33 overs per side(due to rain)

Pakistan- 192/6 (33 overs)-Shoiab Mailik(68),Razzaq(35*)
Balaji(3/27)

India- 127 allout(27 overs)- VVS Laxman(37)
Afridi(4/20),Malik(3/18)

Pakistan won by 66 runs
Man of the Match - Shoiab Malik
Pakistan gets the bonus point.

Yes we won :clap:

C

cricket2004

its very hard for india to go to finals they have to beat australia with a bonus point

S

squiz

No they dont. If India beat Australia, and Australia loses to Pakistan then India are in the finals.

C

cricket2004

i hope india will win to aus n pak will also win to aus den we can see a gud final

Users who are viewing this thread