Wealey's Realism Gameplay Tweaks

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I was wondering a few things about this.

Apart from anecdotal knowledge, is there a way to know which players excel in what areas of batting?

Are the current players in the game currently skilled in a way by BA that reflects their real life strengths and weaknesses?

If you press down left analogue stick it tells you their weakness and strengths based on the skilling.

However with it being so high the weakness isn’t a weakness…

Nothing better than seeing a weak cover drive resulting in a nice after leaving the offfside open tempting the drive..
Post automatically merged:

Yeh i really think the judgement attribute opens the game up a bit more, batsmen felt too robotic before. I tested power at level 2, i would definitely increase that to 3 or higher as it felt the AI struggled for 4s, except for Rohit who was hitting lofted shots for four with ease. I mentioned before in another thread, i havent followed cricket for a good 10 years and even then i never really understood a whole lot about the mechanics behind it so im trying to catch up. I'll be trying to use data maybe to create attributes for players, once i have a good player pool and sliders, my goal is to create a fantasy franchise test championship and create teams and play out numerous seasons

Power I would agree.. but on the flip side it was to eliminate the last ball smash.. which it certainly does.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
If you press down left analogue stick it tells you their weakness and strengths based on the skilling.

However with it being so high the weakness isn’t a weakness…

Nothing better than seeing a weak cover drive resulting in a nice after leaving the offfside open tempting the drive..
Post automatically merged:

Power I would agree.. but on the flip side it was to eliminate the last ball smash.. which it certainly does.
No I mean real life weaknesses and strengths, so a reskilled player in game could match their actual strengths and weaknesses.

Or do we just trust that BA got it right when making these players?

jwestbury661

School Cricketer
I was wondering a few things about this.

Apart from anecdotal knowledge, is there a way to know which players excel in what areas of batting?

Are the current players in the game currently skilled in a way by BA that reflects their real life strengths and weaknesses?
Honestly ive no idea, coming from a football and american football follower, certain players excel in certain things. Players like salah are excellent dribblers and finishers, but arent as good at say crossing or passing, or patrick mahomes has a great arm and deep ball, but cant read a defence like Brady. I assume BA have a method to how they distribute attributes but im not sure what they use, data or their own knowledge

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Honestly ive no idea, coming from a football and american football follower, certain players excel in certain things. Players like salah are excellent dribblers and finishers, but arent as good at say crossing or passing, or patrick mahomes has a great arm and deep ball, but cant read a defence like Brady. I assume BA have a method to how they distribute attributes but im not sure what they use, data or their own knowledge
I'll not lie, I've look for the data briefly but didn't have success. Even a player's batting average offside v leg would be of use. Could use an external source like Cricket Captain + editor, though that's a lot of effort!

Could just be a case of trusting what BA has done and work from there as the base instead.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
No I mean real life weaknesses and strengths, so a reskilled player in game could match their actual strengths and weaknesses.

Or do we just trust that BA got it right when making these players?

Nah.. but even so most weaknesses are special shots. Which you never see in a Test Anyway.

jwestbury661

School Cricketer
The only player ive had real trouble getting out is Marnus Labuschagne, ill have to look at his attributes to see what that could be, i swear he averages 120 against me

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Yeah.. you could do that and tailor it to your liking. I will also write it all up but time is short at the moment..

As a test.. lower all skills of the top 6 to level 10 make judgement 2/3 and power 2/3..

then use the pitch sliders set up..
Mate is this only for tests? Or can be applied to the shorter format as well?
Also no changes to the bowlers right?

runner4life

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
The slider thread has exact values.
This thread tells you the principles of reskilling.

Why don’t you try it out for yourself with some testing?
I've done the sliders.
It's just guess work for me if I do. There are people with a far superior grasp of stats and attributes than myself.

I appreciate the work I just wouldn't mind seeing some direct examples.

jwestbury661

School Cricketer
I've done the sliders.
It's just guess work for me if I do. There are people with a far superior grasp of stats and attributes than myself.

I appreciate the work I just wouldn't mind seeing some direct examples.
As @WealeyH mentioned, judgement down to level 4, power to level 2/3, and then for the top 6 batsmen, put batting attributes to 10. No changes to bowlers, bowl and innings and see how you find it, report the results back and move on from there

RDB3

Club Cricketer
Thanx for this @WealeyH its making the gameplay way more realistic. Do we need to change the skills of the Ai only? Or the skills of the team we are playing with as well? Will it have an effect for example changing power to 3 for the human player?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Thanx for this @WealeyH its making the gameplay way more realistic. Do we need to change the skills of the Ai only? Or the skills of the team we are playing with as well? Will it have an effect for example changing power to 3 for the human player?

No doubt would but I haven’t tried that yet mate!

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Is this working mid save? Can I change England & Australia? Not at my Xbox atm to check.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Does anyone know if there's a way to make a copy of a team, or is it just a case of altering the skills of the existing players?

Not sure how you'd put them back if you wanted to undo the reskilling? Redownload the team again? Can you reset England, Australia, NZ etc since they're on disc?

Users who are viewing this thread