West Indian Tour of Sri Lanka, November-December 2010/11

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
this is heading for a draw. another Subcon. test that is. Shocking :rolleyes

McLOVIN added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

lol wicket, as I check in

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Oh how much I would love to see the Windians pull this off... an upset here would give test cricket the upset it needs.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Worse thing that can happen here is, SL gets bowled out. Follow on. Bats their way to draw.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Very impressive bowling by Shillingford here. He's flighting it beautifully and is forcing the batsmen to play on the front foot. He's not getting the amount of turn he was getting yesterday which had Jayawardene in all sorts of trouble but still a decent amount of turn today.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Damn wish they had gotten Mahela out before the day ended. It will be tough with just one spinner in the team, I really feel that they should have played Benn.

Isn't Benn still suspended or something?.

For the next test realistically, benn should come in for Sammy. But of course given he is captain, he can't. But it shows as most people already know how unfit Sammy is for tests.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Agreed. Sammy should not even be in the squad, let alone the captain. He doesn't have enough pace to trouble the batsmen. He barely touches 125 km/h. While he may be nagging and accurate, he can't move the ball. Besides, I think Bravo can play that role with some training (I think it will probably come with age as well) . Bravo lacks a cricketing brain as a bowler. He relies too much on variation and subtleties rather than patiently and persistently bowling to a plan. At his pace, I think he needs to work towards becoming more of a workhorse rather than a strike bowler.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That Damika Prasad just spoilt my mood :facepalm

He played a vital knock and now only 200 runs lead for West Indies.

They should get the last two wicket quickely now :cheers

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Assuming this pans out to be a draw, the bottom three teams would have drawn with the top three teams in the space of a few days. (NZ/IND, PAK/SA, WI/SL)

I guess this can only be good for test cricket, all three matches were on roads however, but we'll just forget about that.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Agreed. Sammy should not even be in the squad, let alone the captain. He doesn't have enough pace to trouble the batsmen. He barely touches 125 km/h. While he may be nagging and accurate, he can't move the ball. Besides, I think Bravo can play that role with some training (I think it will probably come with age as well) . Bravo lacks a cricketing brain as a bowler. He relies too much on variation and subtleties rather than patiently and persistently bowling to a plan. At his pace, I think he needs to work towards becoming more of a workhorse rather than a strike bowler.

Well TBF to Sammy. Its the WI selectors who made him captain given all the pre-series controversey over what Gayle did. Deep down he & the entire team knows he is out of place.

On Bravo i think you are way too harsh on him by saying "he lacks a cricket brain as bowler". Thats not true at all, he certainly is a very clever operator & that fact that he tries to take wickets by experimenting alot - instead of just resigning himself to being a workhorse due to his pace. Helps the windies & makes him more of wicket-taking option for them.

War added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

O ████, totally forgot about that.
Also I expect Russell to be the one that makes room for Benn in the 2nd test.

Most likely. But really it should be Sammy making way.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Will we ever see Edwards, Roach and Taylor all playing at the same time? It's ridiculous how long I and hundreds of West Indies fans have been waiting for that.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Russell could add a few yards of pace just by bending his back a little more. He just has a very 'lazy' action at the moment. That jump before delivery serves no real purpose right now. It's really a bit of an inconsequential hop... He still bowls at a decent pace but I can't help but feel that he isn't taking full advantage of his height.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Most likely. But really it should be Sammy making way.

True, but I honestly don't see a better option then Sammy. I know there is Bravo but I would not make him the captain if he isn't signed to a central contract. If they thought Nash can do it then maybe it should have been him over Sammy but I'm not sure that many people would go along with that.
Sammy as captain in the one day teams is perfect. He has a spot in those teams and is one of the best performers over the past 2 years.
Will we ever see Edwards, Roach and Taylor all playing at the same time? It's ridiculous how long I and hundreds of West Indies fans have been waiting for that.

Highly doubt it. All 3(Roach to a lesser extent) are too injury prone for them to be in the same XI.

Russell could add a few yards of pace just by bending his back a little more. He just has a very 'lazy' action at the moment. That jump before delivery serves no real purpose right now. It's really a bit of an inconsequential hop... He still bowls at a decent pace but I can't help but feel that he isn't taking full advantage of his height.

Yea I noticed that too. I think that the coaches will work on that with him. Im sure that Gibson has noticed the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread