West Indies

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Probables: Lionel Baker, Adrian Barath, Carlton Baugh Jr, Sulieman Benn, Dave Bernard Jr, Tino Best, Devendra Bishoo, Darren Bravo, Dwayne Bravo, Jonathan Carter, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Kirk Edwards, Chris Gayle, Ryan Hinds, Jason Holder, Anthony Martin, Nikita Miller, Nelon Pascal, Kieron Pollard, Kieran Powell, Denesh Ramdin, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Darren Sammy, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Shane Shillingford, Devon Smith, Gavin Tonge, Devon Thomas.

There are only 7-8 spots that are in for sure anything after that is guessing game. We now know that Shillingford wont be in contention since he cant bowl anymore.

My 15 man squad
Batsman: Adrian Barath, Chris Gayle, Shiv Chanderpaul, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Darren Bravo, Devon Smith/Kirk Edwards

Bowlers: Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard, Darren Sammy

Wicketkeepers: Carlton Baugh, Devon Thomas if the go for two keepers

Bowlers: Kemar Roach, Sulieman Benn, Andre Russell, Devendra Bishoo/Anthony Martin, Pascal/Tonge/Baker (if they go with one keeper)

Playing XI

Chris Gayle
Shiv Chanderpual/Adrian Barath
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Darren Bravo
Dwayne Bravo
Kieron Pollard
Carlton Baugh+
Darren Sammy*
Sulieman Benn
Kemar Roach
Devendra Bishoo

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it will be interesting to see if they now deem sarwan fit enough, surely they will, they can't go to the WC without him.

that might bring deonarine back into contention as well. I would think they'd select him if they felt he was fit enough. they need some spin options.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Taylor is back playing. Would be criminal if they left him out.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
it will be interesting to see if they now deem sarwan fit enough, surely they will, they can't go to the WC without him.

that might bring deonarine back into contention as well. I would think they'd select him if they felt he was fit enough. they need some spin options.

If they arent in the probables they arent being considered. Doenarine actually got a shoulder injury (i think, i know its some sort of injury) to add to him being fat and really not fit which would take him out completely.

Taylor is back playing. Would be criminal if they left him out.

Same as above, if they arent in the probables they arent being selected as far as I understand.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
i never noticed deonarine wasn't in the list.

oops.

nikita miller was told he was unfit but he's there? he's a possibility.

Miller actually had a injury that he picked up in the summer but he is back and playing for Jamaica.
Anthony Martin and Bishoo have been bowling really well in domestic one day cricket so they are Millers competition if they go for the 2nd spinner.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Same as above, if they arent in the probables they arent being selected as far as I understand.

Well if WI selectors really force such a restriction on themselves especially if Taylor has a good Caribbean T20. That would be even more dumb.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Well if WI selectors really force such a restriction on themselves especially if Taylor has a good Caribbean T20. That would be even more dumb.

Why wouldn't they? They picked him for the Australia series and he got injured in his first 9 overs. They wanted to pick him for the South Africa series and he got injured, why risk taking and injury prone player to the WC.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
This was the squad that was selected for the Sri Lanka ODIs and will probably go to Sri Lanka at the end of the month.
Which would make it the likely squad to be selected for the World Cup.

West Indies squad: Darren Sammy (capt), Adrian Barath, Carlton Baugh (wk), Sulieman Benn, Darren Bravo, Dwayne Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Kirk Edwards, Chris Gayle, Nikita Miller, Kieron Pollard, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Devon Smith

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
The chairman of selectors just said that the squad for the Sri Lankan ODIs will be the squad going to the world cup.
Since the squad for the Sri Lankan ODIs was selected a long time ago there might be some changes but I highly doubt there will be any drastic changes.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Sarwan is not included? :noway

Kirk Edwards is an unknown player with no international experience. You can't say he will perform better then Sarwan.

West Indies' biggest problem will be their bowling. I see Jerome Taylor isn't selected either.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Ive seen no mension of Nash. Does he not play ODI's? The last series i watched the windies play was at home to south africa just after last years T20 world cup. Will those teams be completly different to their best team?
I remember most starting XI's were:
Gayle
Barath
Chanderpaul
Deonarine
D.Bravo
Dwaine Bravo
Ramdin
Sammy
Benn
Rampaul
Dont remember the other bowler they used, obvioulsy not in those positions, but close enough. Roach and Sarwan were injured at the time.
And i take it F.Edwards is finished now? Dont think ive seen him bowl since 08.

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Here is the recent ODI century Sarwan scored: Kirk Edwards It's against Ireland, but others among him failed, while he made runs. Also Sarwan doesn't score many centuries in ODI's, but he makes contributing fifties.

Recently he scored in what it seems to be a difficult pitch, because other players among him failed: Group A: Guyana v Somerset at North Sound, Jan 12, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Kirk Edwards has scored only 1 century and 3 fifties in 33 limited overs matches: Kirk Edwards | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo That isn't really enough for a selection for the World Cup.

So I doubt whether Kirk Edwards will be used as a batsman, unless an injury occurs to the other batsmen.

I also see currently a Twenty20 tournament is going on in West Indies. Are the selected West Indies players taking a part in this tournament?

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Are the selected West Indies players taking a part in this tournament?

Everyone except Pollard, Gayle and Bravo. They are in Australia playing in the big bash.

Edwards failed in two innings (a duck and a score below 5) while Sarwan scored a 50.

Users who are viewing this thread