Darren Sammy named West Indies captain

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Samuels is done dude, give up on that already. He just played one match for Jamaica and scored 23 of 48 balls and then got dropped. There is no way there is a spot for him in the test team or the ODI team.

And where in that post did i say there is a spot for him in current test & ODI the test team?.

I clearly said if he rgains his pre-ban batting form, looking ahead to 2011 WI home season, then he clearly will come into to consideration. Which is exactly what the WICB chairman said earlier this year:

Door open for Marlon Samuels' comeback - Butts | West Indies Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Samuels always struck to me as a decent middle order batsmen. I mean the West Indies batting could do with him in the shorter formats. May not be right in the starting XI but still as a fringe player atleast.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
And where in that post did i say there is a spot for him in current test & ODI the test team?.

I clearly said if he rgains his pre-ban batting form, looking ahead to 2011 WI home season, then he clearly will come into to consideration. Which is exactly what the WICB chairman said earlier this year:

Door open for Marlon Samuels' comeback - Butts | West Indies Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Even the clowns in the WICB know that choosing Samuels over someone like younger Bravo and Sarwan is stupid. How can he show form when he cant even make the Jamaica team for the domestic one day tournament.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Even the clowns in the WICB know that choosing Samuels over someone like younger Bravo and Sarwan is stupid. How can he show form when he cant even make the Jamaica team for the domestic one day tournament.

Again did i suggest he should be chosen over young Bravo or Sarwan?.

Obviously he is not in the current JA ODI set-up. But that doesn't mean he can't come back in that side or the FC side & hit form between now & the 2011 home summer. Just have to wait & see how things progress with him.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Again did i suggest he should be chosen over young Bravo or Sarwan?.

Obviously he is not in the current JA ODI set-up. But that doesn't mean he can't come back in that side or the FC side & hit form between now & the 2011 home summer. Just have to wait & see how things progress with him.

You saying that if he finds some form he is back in the team suggests that he is getting in ahead of one of those two. Unless you think that he might take some other spot.
Every time a WI discussion was up you always mention him and if he ever finds form when the only other time he had any sort of form was for a short time just before his ban. Before that he had no form at all and to be away from the top game for 2 years is not easy to make up at all.

War

Chairman of Selectors
You saying that if he finds some form he is back in the team suggests that he is getting in ahead of one of those two. Unless you think that he might take some other spot.

No. Just suggesting he will be in the mix for selection as middle-order option.

Every time a WI discussion was up you always mention him and if he ever finds form when the only other time he had any sort of form was for a short time just before his ban. Before that he had no form at all and to be away from the top game for 2 years is not easy to make up at all.

It was quite clear that that short form period before his ban, he was beginning to turn the corner as a batsman. Almost every west indian fan, i know personally feels that way.

Of course 2 years away from cricket can seriously affect him. But we shall see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread