West Indies

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why wouldn't they? They picked him for the Australia series and he got injured in his first 9 overs. They wanted to pick him for the South Africa series and he got injured, why risk taking and injury prone player to the WC.

Thats up to coach & medicial staff to decide whether he is fit enough for the WC right now. Not wanting to risk him based on past events is ludicrous.

Taylor is too important to WI for them not to want to pick him at every cost once he is proven fit. You didn't see England & New Zealand doing that all the years with Flintoff & Bond. Taylor's injury woes haven't begun to reach those levels yet.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Thats up to coach & medicial staff to decide whether he is fit enough for the WC right now. Not wanting to risk him based on past events is ludicrous.

Taylor is too important to WI for them not to want to pick him at every cost once he is proven fit. You didn't see England & New Zealand doing that all the years with Flintoff & Bond. Taylor's injury woes haven't begun to reach those levels yet.

As the chairman of selectors said they have to consider his future. He is just making a comeback and to T20 cricket at that. He has been bowling good but that doesn't really test his fitness and from what I saw he doesn't seem to be bowling at his old pace.

----------

And as you said Taylor is too important for WI he has a long career ahead of him if he stays healthy so risking him so soon after being off for a year doesn't even begin to make sense.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Sarwan is back and that other guy that I mentioned, isn't selected.

West Indies squad: Darren Sammy (capt), Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Kieron Pollard, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Sulieman Benn, Nikita Miller, Carlton Baugh (wk), Andre Rusell, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Adrian Barath

Ramnaresh Sarwan recalled for World Cup
ESPNcricinfo staff
January 19, 2011
World Cup 2011: Ramnaresh Sarwan recalled for World Cup | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
No real surprises. The only one I would think is a bit unexpected is Rampaul but he has recovered from his injuries and picked up 5 wickets in T&Ts first T20.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
What will be interesting is the playing XI that goes out there. With Sarwan back and Sammy being the captain someone will have to be left out. Maybe they will open with Chanderpaul and Gayle with Barath on the bench or open with Barath and Gayle and have either Pollard or Bravo on the bench.

Will have to wait for the Sri Lanka series to see what they plan.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I'm liking the look of the team. I always thought they needed a guy like Sarwan back in, gives them the backbone of experience in the middle order even if he isn't in good form. As there is the slight possibility that I am heading to Chennai for the India v WI game, I'm glad that there are some exciting players in the WI team. Gayle, Bravos, Roach, Pollard and Sarwan are a formidable team. Hopefully should be a good match!

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
If they go with natural openers at #1 and #2 then they will have to go with one spinner or drop Dwayne Bravo/Pollard.
Another possibility would be having one of the all rounders (Bravo, Pollard, Sammy) open the bowling with Roach to open up a spot for the 2nd spinner.

Barath
Gayle
Sarwan
DM Bravo
Chanderpaul
DW Bravo
Pollard
Baugh+
Sammy*
Benn
Roach

Something about that looks really off. There is a solid middle order but all the big hitters are down the order. Guys like Pollard and Baugh could be moved up if someone gets out with 5+ overs to go but if they play the 2nd spinner (Miller) who do they drop?. I'm sure it would be nobody from the top 5 so it would have to be Dwayne Bravo or Pollard.

Gayle
Chanderpaul
Sarwan
DM Bravo
DW Bravo
Pollard
Baugh+
Sammy*
Benn
Miller/Rampaul
Roach

A bit of a better balance to the squad if they do this.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Personally I would drop Sammy, but that's not going to happen since he is the captain. I've got a feeling that Gayle will find himself opening with Chanderpaul. If Sarwan and Chanderpaul play at number 3 and 4, that will mean that Darren Dravo won't be included in the team and that will be a waste, since he is in form.

The upcoming ODI series against Sri Lanka should tell us how West Indies is going to play.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
As there is the slight possibility that I am heading to Chennai for the India v WI game

you really need to make your mind up and buy the tickets asap, i saw on tv the other day a bangladeshi woman pissed off because she had been waiting in line for hours to get a ticket but they sold out before she could buy one.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
you really need to make your mind up and buy the tickets asap, i saw on tv the other day a bangladeshi woman pissed off because she had been waiting in line for hours to get a ticket but they sold out before she could buy one.

Already got the ticket :). If I don't have interviews in that week (from the Tuesday - Sunday/Monday) I am GOING!

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Well going by the performances in Sri Lanka I think this will be the starting XI for the first match.

Gayle
Barath
Darren Bravo
Sarwan
Chanderpaul
Dwayne Bravo
Baugh+
Sammy*
Benn
Roach
Rampaul/Miller

With his horrible form and performances Pollard will have to be the one to sit out.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well ,to all those who thought the Windies are pushovers- head over to the Kotla and check out the batting. You gotta love the Lara clone- Darren Bravo.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I love Roach. Great hat trick. If he's able to keep his body together for more than a few weeks he looks a hell of a prospect (even if it was only the Netherlands).

A fully fit West Indian attack on form looks a hell of a nasty thing to face. Taylor, Roach and Edwards.

Users who are viewing this thread