West Indies

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
A fully fit West Indian attack on form looks a hell of a nasty thing to face. Taylor, Roach and Edwards.

Trust me, I've wished for the same thing for a while now and I'm resigned to the fact that it will never happen.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Trust me, I've wished for the same thing for a while now and I'm resigned to the fact that it will never happen.

Chances of it happening in the next couple months is looking very good ATM.

Taylor is fit again bowling well according to all reports in Windies FC competition. Bit crazy that windies that Windies haven't called him up IMO now that Bravo is out injured.

While Edwards has played all of Barbados games to date & is easing his way back to full pace by all reports also in anticipation of the upcoming windies home summer vs PAK & IND.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
No surprise Roach was the star of the day, hes got the pace factor which scares the hell out of the minnow teams.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
What no thread for West Indies vs Netherlands. If I knew that nobody was going to create that betting thread then I would have created one.

Anyways a good performance for the WI even if its against the Dutch. Good to see a solid first wicket partnership for the WI, and also good to see Gayle actually focusing on giving the WI a good platform to build on.
Pollard hit a 50 but I'm still not convinced about him, at least not until he performs against one of the test sides. With Bravo injured he will play all the games and he better perform.
Shivs form is a cause for concern. Unless he bats at 1-2-3 he cant get his eye in and he isn't the biggest hitter in the team. Sammy also needs to step up and perform, has been out of form since he became the captain.
Great stuff by Roach, what a bowler. Just needs to stay healthy and keep working hard.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
West Indies have called up Devendra Bishoo as the replacement for Dwayne Bravo. He is a leg spinner from Guyana and is one of the best One Day and overall spinner from the Caribbean.
Its a good decision and I hope he gets to play. He should play instead of Nikita Miller as he offers something different when compared to Benn the #1 spinner.

Also Marlon Samuels rejected the call up for the world cup. He was the selectors first choice for this replacement but he said he wants to focus on 4 day cricket and doesn't feel ready for ODIs.

World Cup 2011: West Indies call up Devendra Bishoo | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

World Cup 2011: Marlon Samuels declines offer to play in World Cup | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
What no thread for West Indies vs Netherlands. If I knew that nobody was going to create that betting thread then I would have created one.

Anyways a good performance for the WI even if its against the Dutch. Good to see a solid first wicket partnership for the WI, and also good to see Gayle actually focusing on giving the WI a good platform to build on.
Pollard hit a 50 but I'm still not convinced about him, at least not until he performs against one of the test sides. With Bravo injured he will play all the games and he better perform.
Shivs form is a cause for concern. Unless he bats at 1-2-3 he cant get his eye in and he isn't the biggest hitter in the team. Sammy also needs to step up and perform, has been out of form since he became the captain.
Great stuff by Roach, what a bowler. Just needs to stay healthy and keep working hard.

If pollard could hit even a 30 like that with regularity he'd be worth his spot. you can't really class it as a proper 50, it was off something like 26 balls, it was all just bludgeoned carnage.

but it's difficult to know what he needs to improve when he comes out and instantly just tries to dismantle the upper tiers of the stadium.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
If pollard could hit even a 30 like that with regularity he'd be worth his spot. you can't really class it as a proper 50, it was off something like 26 balls, it was all just bludgeoned carnage.

but it's difficult to know what he needs to improve when he comes out and instantly just tries to dismantle the upper tiers of the stadium.

thats what he needs to improve. He needs to learn that he can get some singles and doubles and get his eye in before he goes on a rampage. He actually did a bit of that against the Dutch and got a good score.

I can see him failing against Bangladesh. Their side is packed with spinners and he cant hit the spinner like he can pace bowlers.

----------

Also some comments going around about Samuels being afraid of being arrested by the Indian police.

The Times of India on Mobile

Users who are viewing this thread