Wii Cricket

P

pcfan123

like Wii cricket? Give me a break, this game is supposedly awful. Its not even like cricket in terms of the wii gameplay. You point on the screen where you want the ball to go and shake the controller to time the shot.

No Wii-Motion plus = epic fail for cricket on Wii

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
like Wii cricket? Give me a break, this game is supposedly awful. Its not even like cricket in terms of the wii gameplay. You point on the screen where you want the ball to go and shake the controller to time the shot.

I'm confused. I thought he was referring to Big Beach Sports' Wii Cricket, which is pretty awful.

However, I think he is talking about AC09 Wii Edition? Or is there some other Wii cricket game coming out?

P

pcfan123

AC09 on Wii is being released in Australia as "Wii Cricket"

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors

Ya, I think I'll wait a few editions until considering buying a Wii cricket game. Besides, I hate McGrath in that stupid ad. :facepalm

cricketmad09

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm confused. I thought he was referring to Big Beach Sports' Wii Cricket, which is pretty awful.

However, I think he is talking about AC09 Wii Edition? Or is there some other Wii cricket game coming out?

Not big beach sports the other one.

Cheers for your comments boys you just saved me a good $75

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They're promoting the Wii Cricket Bat (Much to the likenesss of the 2010 Kookaburra Kahuna) along with the purchase of this game. I think I might buy it to be honest.

Cheweydog_aust

Club Cricketer
They're promoting the Wii Cricket Bat (Much to the likenesss of the 2010 Kookaburra Kahuna) along with the purchase of this game. I think I might buy it to be honest.

Let me know what it is like :) also can u get online with cricket wii ?

cheers

NBGHHS

School Cricketer
I bought the game, total crap, not even same graphics as computer, even worse save yourself $70 and dont buy this

millzyman

School Cricketer
Wii cricket + bat. Is it any good? (wii)

Hey.

Now i don't want a bunch of posts saying cricket on the wii sucks unless the person has wii cricket bat is well.

As you know, christmas is coming and my parents said they would get a wii for christmas, and i was allowed wii cricket (i already have ashes 09 on pc :doh )

My question is: does the wii cricket bat serve an purpose with the game (as in if i swing my bat does it play the shot in the direction i aim) or is it merely point and swing like the controller?

I am going to get it anyway unless i am really really disappointed that it is point and swing, i want it becuase i enjoy cricket (duh) and because it might be a little benefical to my batting skill which is currently some what lacking (lol).

Thanks for your time.

P

pcfan123

The way you bat is by pointing on the screen where u want the ball to go, then when the bowler deliverys the ball you use shake the controller (any direction) to time the ball.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
The way you bat is by pointing on the screen where u want the ball to go, then when the bowler deliverys the ball you use shake the controller (any direction) to time the ball.

What he means is with this. Is it still the same or is it proper motion plus.

And in answer to your question, think it's like the real thing

DealsDirect.com.au said:
FEATURES:

* Cricket Bat Made For Nintendo Wii.
* Extended comfort and control for the rear trigger button.
* Compatible with Wii™ MotionPlus™.
* Full access to all action buttons and multi-directional control.
* Safety attaches to your Wii™ remote.
* Secure with easy installation.
* Stimulates real cricket motion.
* Enhances visual cricket game simulation.

EDIT: I would just like to add, I do not own the game, so this is not what I know, this is just what I think.

Last edited:

Cheweydog_aust

Club Cricketer
we are getting a wii soon but I think I will give wii cricket a miss sounds like crap would rather mario cart :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread