Will it be possible to mail order it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't like internet transactions, so will I be able to send off for a boxed copy (to an address in the UK, preferably)? Please say it'll be possible! It doesn't even have to be a proper box! A normal DVD case will suffice!!

I have to admit, after seeing the screens, I wasn't convinced. But now I've seen some videos, I'm really excited about this game! Are there any vids available with sound (one of the most disappointing aspects of Cricket 07 for me)?

Also, do what EA don't do. Give us:

Auto-stats.
Proper changing weather, including some animations of covers going on.

Celebrations! When someone gets a hundred, let's see the joy! And take their bloody helmet off!!!!!

Victory celebrations! Give us a reason for ploughing through a five day test!
BLIC 2007's batting system (with front foot/back foot)

Some unique player animations/celebrations.

A proper career mode complete with player injuries, so you have to actually use your whole squad!

I could go on, but that's enough for now. By the way, I love the fielding editor! That's the way you should set your field, instead of going to a separate bloody screen!

The very best of luck for this game and when can we get our hooks on a demo???

Reps coming your way, LegendMaster!

Last edited:

cnbd_novice

International Coach
From The Art of Cricket website FAQ:
At this moment in time the video game will not be commercially distributed, so the video game will be available for download on the internet, but it will be an extremely large file sze. Members of the cricket video games community who use a dial-up connection of means of exploring the internet may wish to pay an extremely small amount of money to be sent a compact disc.

And sorry to disappoint you, but I believe that several of the things you mentioned in your list will not be included in the older version of the game, and would be redundant as TAOC's main aim is to create a realistic cricket game, which for some reason is quite rare in today's world.
For example:
including some animations of covers going on.

Celebrations! When someone gets a hundred, let's see the joy! And take their bloody helmet off!!!!!

A proper career mode complete with player injuries, so you have to actually use your whole squad!
Don't you think the animation or the graphics bit is quite unnecessary at this stage?? I mean at this stage the first thing we need is a decent cricket game, and after we get that, only then can we demand these auxiliary features. However, when batting, you will be switch from helmet to bat to bare head and vice versa, and I believe there will be 33 batting shots to choose from-therefore batting would not be an issue. And I think career mode will be included in the later version of the game.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
I don't like internet transactions, so will I be able to send off for a boxed copy (to an address in the UK, preferably)? Please say it'll be possible! It doesn't even have to be a proper box! A normal DVD case will suffice!!

I have to admit, after seeing the screens, I wasn't convinced. But now I've seen some videos, I'm really excited about this game! Are there any vids available with sound (one of the most disappointing aspects of Cricket 07 for me)?

Also, do what EA don't do. Give us:

Auto-stats.
Proper changing weather, including some animations of covers going on.

BLIC 2007's batting system (with front foot/back foot)

I could go on, but that's enough for now. By the way, I love the fielding editor! That's the way you should set your field. Not going to a separate bloody screen!

The very best of luck for this game and when can we get our hooks on a demo???

Reps coming your way, LegendMaster!

Thanks, Mate.

No sound yet in the game, still working on core mechanics - in particular the keeper/fielding AI, movement etc

But yes, i should be able to mail you a copy for a nominal fee ;)

LM

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
From The Art of Cricket website FAQ:

Don't you think the animation or the graphics bit is quite unnecessary at this stage?? I mean at this stage the first thing we need is a decent cricket game, and after we get that, only then can we demand these auxiliary features. However, when batting, you will be switch from helmet to bat to bare head and vice versa, and I believe there will be 33 batting shots to choose from-therefore batting would not be an issue. And I think career mode will be included in the later version of the game.

True, all that stuff can always be added later on after the basics of the game have been made solid.

@Legend_Master: If you want to download the game, what will the price be and how big (approx) do you think the download will be?
If it is huge, then will you be able to upload it in bits, i.e Core game, Extra Teams, Extra stumps and pitchads & so on.

Thanks, Mate.

No sound yet in the game, still working on core mechanics - in particular the keeper/fielding AI, movement etc

But yes, i should be able to mail you a copy for a nominal fee ;)

LM

If it's really good, you'll probably get snapped up by a big company (like those students who designed Portal) and start earning huge ????! Don't forget us when you're rich and famous, eh? ;)

Last edited:

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
You just gotta make sure that you don't let someone like EA buy you out. Because they'll make heaps of adjustments and it will become really crap! :p

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
True, all that stuff can always be added later on after the basics of the game have been made solid.

@Legend_Master: If you want to download the game, what will the price be and how big (approx) do you think the download will be?
If it is huge, then will you be able to upload it in bits, i.e Core game, Extra Teams, Extra stumps and pitchads & so on.

If it's really good, you'll probably get snapped up by a big company (like those students who designed Portal) and start earning huge ££££! Don't forget us when you're rich and famous, eh? ;)

your thinking a bit too far mate.....!! when the time comes...there would be a lot of discussion about this...still too early to say anything :)

well...i hope we get noticed by a big company...coz for the amount of hard work and effort put up for the game...its needs to get attention..
lets see...what future has in store for us ;)

You just gotta make sure that you don't let someone like EA buy you out. Because they'll make heaps of adjustments and it will become really crap! :p

that would never happen !! i can guarantee you that !

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Find out who EA's biggest rival is and sign up with them, just to p**s EA off!!!

waraa

County Cricketer
Ea might have their rivals, but i'm sure TAOC will be a class apart.

Once TAOC crew get the gameplay right, we can always retain the gameplay and make graphic addons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread