Your Expectations?!

Your rating on how the game would turn out to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I disagree. No-one is going to play a test match straight particuarly with problems like connections dropping.
Online saving (even at intervals rather than every over) should have been a higher priority to me.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Unless you count Golf, there aren't many sports where it stretches over a number of days.

In all fairness, I see no problem, either make time to finish the game or don't play one, simples.

Thats a very narrow minded view. You are clearly not a test cricket fan.
Getting 3 runs per over for maybe 120 overs isnt somthing you can do knowing you will have to finish the match straight after. If your going to smash it about, get a t20 style cricket game. Like most (ashes jump on the band wagon) newbie cricket fans like. Not saying your one of them before you have a go at me! Im just making a point that proper cricket is TEST cricket. And to enjoy test cricket you have to take your time and make it last.
The save online is simple. Whoever created the match should have the option to save at any point. Just like 1 player. Then that same player can then chose to load the game and simply invite a friend to join game and pick up where you left off. God its so simple.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
How will it work? I don't know any games that let you save an online game.

IMO it should be you can only save matches with someone on your friends list. Otherwise it's crazy trying to log on at the same time as some random guy.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Well yes, thats what i was meaning! You should simply save the game. And when you reload have the option to invite a friend. I'm 99.9% sure the lack of saveing online games from AC09 will follow on to IC2010. But with IC2011 (if there is one) this simply must be looked at. I cant be alone in wanting this feature for playing a test match with a mate online.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Well yes, thats what i was meaning! You should simply save the game. And when you reload have the option to invite a friend. I'm 99.9% sure the lack of saveing online games from AC09 will follow on to IC2010. But with IC2011 (if there is one) this simply must be looked at. I cant be alone in wanting this feature for playing a test match with a mate online.

If that is what you meant, then yes, that is a great idea. Tbh even ODI games can take ages online. Twenty20 is the only thing I'm able to play in one gaming session.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Your right. And IMO t20 is just quick fix cricket.
What me and a friend do is play 1 innings of a full ODI then remember the score. Then when we can, we play the other innings. But we like to play in white. Simple as. And we cant do that with no save option.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Thats a very narrow minded view. You are clearly not a test cricket fan.
Getting 3 runs per over for maybe 120 overs isnt somthing you can do knowing you will have to finish the match straight after. If your going to smash it about, get a t20 style cricket game. Like most (ashes jump on the band wagon) newbie cricket fans like. Not saying your one of them before you have a go at me! Im just making a point that proper cricket is TEST cricket. And to enjoy test cricket you have to take your time and make it last.
The save online is simple. Whoever created the match should have the option to save at any point. Just like 1 player. Then that same player can then chose to load the game and simply invite a friend to join game and pick up where you left off. God its so simple.

Haha, you're a funny guy. I've been on these forums for 5 years, I think I know how test cricket works ;)

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Im not getting into a silly internet bitching fight, so im only going to make this one comment, regardless of your reply!
Oooohhhh you've been on this site for 5 years. Then i bow to you. What was i thinking?! How could i possibly vent my opinion to someone who has been on this site for 5 years? I would imagine mike atherton will be worried about you nicking his job on sky as you know so much cos of your 5 years on this site. :hpraise

P.S Just to pick up on one point. You joined in 2005. Just after the ashes win i pointed out.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Gone4aduck, I think you need to reread what I've said. In no way have I ever made a comment into how my 4 and a half years here (we'll be exact ey?) is anything more than what it is, there guys who've been here for more years than that and I doubt they'd even mention it.

There's no fighting here, just a discussion into me being told that I don't know what test cricket is about, when, quite clearly I do.

If you wish to change your tone when speaking to me, I'd appreciate it because being talked down to isn't something I enjoy, nor take kindly to.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
It seems to me just an updated version of Ashes Cricket 09. Anyhow for me Ashes 09 was so much addicted after 11 years. And I am hopeful that IC 10 would do the same for me. :)

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Will it be better than Ashes 09? Yes, i have no doubt about it. Will it be the video game cricket deserves? Judging from the videos, probably not. The batsman still stands frozen after playing a shot or getting out. (Improvement? I don't think so, that stupid stance has been there since the Brian Lara/Ricky Ponting days) The messed up thing is that I'll still probably buy it cuz Ashes 09 drives me insane. Still angry about the licencing issues tho, seeing as how i support neither England or Australia, although I am happy to see the addition of "Bumble" on the game (if the rumors are true that is)

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Will it be better than Ashes 09? Yes, i have no doubt about it. Will it be the video game cricket deserves? Judging from the videos, probably not. The batsman still stands frozen after playing a shot or getting out. (Improvement? I don't think so, that stupid stance has been there since the Brian Lara/Ricky Ponting days) The messed up thing is that I'll still probably buy it cuz Ashes 09 drives me insane. Still angry about the licencing issues tho, seeing as how i support neither England or Australia, although I am happy to see the addition of "Bumble" on the game (if the rumors are true that is)

They're not rumours, Bumble will be in the game.

Params7

International Cricketer
It seems to me just an updated version of Ashes Cricket 09. Anyhow for me Ashes 09 was so much addicted after 11 years. And I am hopeful that IC 10 would do the same for me. :)

Ashes 09 + disconnectors issue solved + more realistic gameplay built up from its unreleased PC patches + slightly better animations + Action Cam = Best Cricket Game ever? :yes

sibis

School Cricketer
Ashes 09 + disconnectors issue solved + more realistic gameplay built up from its unreleased PC patches + slightly better animations + Action Cam = Best Cricket Game ever? :yes

Maybe half way en-route to becoming the Best Cricket Game ever would be suitable!

Users who are viewing this thread