Your Most Hated Cricketer.

P

pcfan123

There's nothing wrong with people objecting to cricketers selling themselves.

I agree, as I said there is a big difference between appearing in a few choice ads for sporting companies like Nike and your cricket sponsors. However to advertise every damn product is a bit toolish.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
There's nothing wrong with people objecting to cricketers selling themselves.

Why would you have to? Suppose I am working for a company and at the same time I am doing one of my part time jobs side by side, no one apart from my boss has the right to question me (for my boss, its a matter of whether handling multiple jobs will affect my performance at my primary job and so its between me and my boss).

P

pcfan123

Why would you have to? Suppose I am working for a company and at the same time I am doing one of my part time jobs side by side, no one apart from my boss has the right to question me (for my boss, its a matter of whether handling multiple jobs will affect my performance at my primary job and so its between me and my boss).

This is a matter of opinion. I find people who do commercials for any odd product to be tacky and do not respect them. When I see a player (lets call him X) advertising a cricket bat, I think ok cool, he plays cricket so he is endorsing a product he through experience finds to be off good quality. When I see X endorsing a loaf of bread then I feel he is a whore for money and I lose respect for him.
That is my opinion though, some might think he is cool for doing so and that particular loaf of bread tastes better.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
For example, Shane Warne advertising Advanced bloody Hair Studio is probably the tackiest thing I've ever seen.

P

pcfan123

For example, Shane Warne advertising Advanced bloody Hair Studio is probably the tackiest thing I've ever seen.

exactly, I did not want to name names otherwise I would get accused of hating one country or the other.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
In 2008/9 he played 5 games, made 289 runs at 38.42 and took 10 wickets at 17.40 in FC cricket. He's only played 2 Domestic List A games in Australia, but did average 90 in the series against Pakistan and 41 in the series against West Indies, with a bowling average of 19 in the West Indies. Don't get why you hate the guy so much.

Exactly. 5 games. 2 games. But hey who cares that he's only played that much, lets shun Noffke, Carsledine and all the players who have actually consistetly averaged around the 40 mark all season and bowled so well and actually have a future.

Amazed I've not made a list before now:

Ricky Ponting- He's a twat. He's Australian, and he's the captain of the Australian's. Nuff said.
Yuvraj Singh- King of Twats.
Jason Gallian- Just a knob because of the stuff he did to KP at Notts when he was captain there, just a complete bell.
MS Dhoni- Used to like him, when he was entertaining, but now he's horrible to watch, incredibly boring and seemingly playing for his average.
Jacob Oram- Don't really know why, possibly his stupid hair.
Simon Katich- Hate watching him bat, so boring, horrible technique. He's Australian as well.

That'll do for now, may add to it.

Oh. My. God. Katich is one of my favourite batsmen to watch lol. I think almost every Australian loves watching him. Must be because he's so hard to get out!

This whole thread is a joke in my opinion. How can you develop a hatred for someone you don't know? It's not like any of you know these cricketers personally. Hating them because they aren't good enough or get injured is just rubbish. Hating them because they seem arrogant is rubbish - how do you know they aren't different on the field than they are off? No one in this thread has given any decent reason to hate any of the cricketers they hate, it's all bullshit.

I hate Watson because he is coming down to play for NSW and that means some of our young guns can't play for this tool that forgets how to hold a ball every 4 weeks because he's to busy doing gym exercises.

ROFL

This forum gets better and better

LOLOL at you thinking that it isn't!!!! Love sub continent people. LOVE EM.

IPL standard is comparable to other domestic leagues. Important thing is that all domestic leagues are well below International standards.

No. Australian domestic cricket is the most competitive and unpredictable cricket I have seen. It shits all over international cricket quite frankly.
(In my opinion. I have to add that or I will get 5 different members posting me 4 paragraphs to simply tell me what an opinion is.)

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

No. Australian domestic cricket is the most competitive and unpredictable cricket I have seen. It shits all over international cricket quite frankly.
(In my opinion. I have to add that or I will get 5 different members posting me 4 paragraphs to simply tell me what an opinion is.)

I never said it was the most competitive, I agree, Domestic 2020 in OZ> Domestic in England > Mickey Mouse IPL

I said comparable, which it is, take out all the international players and its like a Sunday leisure league with the exceptions of the Indian internationals.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I was talking the 2nd bit of what you wrote. Domestic cricket is equal (or slightly better IMO. Remember that, my opinion. I prefer watching NSW caine Victoria then Australia play a One Dayer against Pakistan or someone) on international standards just with lesser quality players. But seems every team has lesser quality players it makes for more entertainment then International cricket which is just who can breed the best players which can make a very unbalanced match. Domestic cricket always has stars and youngsters so the teams are fairly evenly matched.

P

pcfan123

I suppose your right. I am sure Bangladesh would get ***** by any DIV I county or domestic Oz team. I never get to watch domestic cricket living in America so I really do not know much about the caliber of players besides what I see on paper :(

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I suppose your right. I am sure Bangladesh would get ***** by any DIV I county or domestic Oz team. I never get to watch domestic cricket living in America so I really do not know much about the caliber of players besides what I see on paper :(

Ah damn. I think cricket.com.au has highlights of the Australian domestic cricket but I'm not sure about sure if England have a sight with the highlights. What about skyplayer? (or whatever it's called. I think that's what it is.)

P

pcfan123

Ah damn. I think cricket.com.au has highlights of the Australian domestic cricket but I'm not sure about sure if England have a sight with the highlights. What about skyplayer? (or whatever it's called. I think that's what it is.)

not available in the US. I would pay them whatever they want to let me watch it but alas no such luck.

I watch the highlights on channel 9s website but their usually just the wickets. :(

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
LOLOL at you thinking that it isn't!!!! Love sub continent people. LOVE EM.

I don't even need to say anything.

blazerix

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My hated cricketers :

Harbhajan - Yuvraj Singh - Dhoni - Shoaib Akhtar - Michael Clarke

Why Dhoni? Just wondering. Oh and My hated cricketers are: Andrew Symonds, Ricky Ponting, Andre Nel, Shoaib Akthar.

P

pcfan123

How did he not get censored ? ████ , ████ ████, ah damn they are blocking mine! I guess only Aussies get to say ████

Hmarkas added 2 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Why Dhoni? Just wondering. Oh and My hated cricketers are: Andrew Symonds, Ricky Ponting, Andre Nel, Shoaib Akthar.

Dude, is every person going to ask me one by one about Dhoni?
it seems he thinks he is a god for winning the t20 WC. He bats only for his average,

Now are you going to offer me an explanation for why you hate your list?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread