Zimbabwe in Bangladesh

shirazu

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This series was actually pretty entertaining the last time around. Several tight low-scoring games. Cricket degenerate junkies who will watch anything like me will like this.

Owzat

International Coach
Sometimes weaker sides can produce more entertaining matches. Will it be any more boring than England's ODI series in the summer?

I think it is about time the ICC took the plunge, restructured ODI cricket (series) and went two tier. Let's have a proper mini-league system of six teams, maybe even three tier, with a Championship that concludes in three years with a P W D L PTS table. Maybe that will set up the Test 'Championship' to become a proper championship. England may well find themselves out of the top echelon, but so what? Maybe that would provide the kick up the *!*# they need to sort the ODI side out.

I was just thinking that it's been a while since a Test side has been introduced, the consensus from my experience is that Bangladesh was a mistake. I can only concur in as much as 10 teams is too many without a restructure, Zimbabwe struggled to get sides to play them when they became a Test nation - 1992 they became one, 1996/97 was the first time England deigned to play them.

Latest sides to be introduced to Tests

2000 Bangladesh
1992 Zimbabwe
1981 Sri Lanka
1952 Pakistan
1926 India, New Zealand, West Indies
1909 England, Australia, South Africa

Will there ever be another Test-playing country?

Looks a very interesting article and perhaps worthy of a thread. My timing is impeccable, that article is only earlier in the week!

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Sometimes weaker sides can produce more entertaining matches. Will it be any more boring than England's ODI series in the summer?

I think it is about time the ICC took the plunge, restructured ODI cricket (series) and went two tier. Let's have a proper mini-league system of six teams, maybe even three tier, with a Championship that concludes in three years with a P W D L PTS table. Maybe that will set up the Test 'Championship' to become a proper championship. England may well find themselves out of the top echelon, but so what? Maybe that would provide the kick up the *!*# they need to sort the ODI side out.

I was just thinking that it's been a while since a Test side has been introduced, the consensus from my experience is that Bangladesh was a mistake. I can only concur in as much as 10 teams is too many without a restructure, Zimbabwe struggled to get sides to play them when they became a Test nation - 1992 they became one, 1996/97 was the first time England deigned to play them.

2000 Bangladesh
1992 Zimbabwe
1981 Sri Lanka
1952 Pakistan

Looks a very interesting article and perhaps worthy of a thread. My timing is impeccable, that article is only earlier in the week!

Yes but then go on and read the article on why Ireland whouldn't have test status.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors

2000 Bangladesh
1992 Zimbabwe
1981 Sri Lanka
1952 Pakistan

I think Ireland could be the next test playing nation

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
This series was actually pretty entertaining the last time around. Several tight low-scoring games. Cricket degenerate junkies who will watch anything like me will like this.

are you talking about the tri series with SL. then yes those were pretty tight matches. i enjoyed the final. :D

but the last series in Zim wasnt low scoring. 7 300+ innings

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

btw Zims won 1 of their practices matches, and lost 1

shirazu

Club Cricketer
are you talking about the tri series with SL. then yes those were pretty tight matches. i enjoyed the final. :D

but the last series in Zim wasnt low scoring. 7 300+ innings

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

btw Zims won 1 of their practices matches, and lost 1

Yeah was talking about the tri-series in Bangladesh. Even the games involving SL were competitive, never forget Murali's innings to bail out Sri Lanka there.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
ya Murali killed it from BD.

1st match is tomorrow. its a day/night match. idk why...

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to bat.

EDIT: Cricinfo stuffed up, Zimbabwe are fielding.

Spinksy added 15 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Maiden first over. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come for Zimbabwe.

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
dont get shakib. why Razzak only get 8 overs when he took 3 wickets by 4th over, and Rubel kept bowling, even though he was ████
Riyad and naeem get only 1 over each??

MacLovin added 8 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

correction; Razzak got 3 wickets in his 1st over

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
bring in Shahadat Hossain, the kid has great talent and there is no reason to deny him his spot.
Great win for Zimbabwe, hope this is a sign of things to come. Middle order needs to pick it up.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I agree with Dare about bringing in Shahadat Hossain in place of Rubel for next game.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
It was a very good inngs by Chigumbura and well supported by Matsikenyeri,now Zim led the 5-match series 1-0

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
bring in Shahadat Hossain, the kid has great talent and there is no reason to deny him his spot.
Great win for Zimbabwe, hope this is a sign of things to come. Middle order needs to pick it up.

NO! not his "UHH AAH 60mph". plus he sucks at ODIs. i would rather bring Nazmul Hossain, who is in great touch

Users who are viewing this thread