Zimbabwe in South Africa

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
barmyarmy said:
Well it's good to know the ICC didn't make a rash decision letting Zimbabwe back into test match cricket. I almost feel it's a shame England didn't get to play them now; we didn't get the chance to boost our averages that the South Africans are getting.

They're making Jacques Kallis' bowling look good again! :D

Houghton on Zim.

Last edited:

zulaid2005

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
barmyarmy said:
Well it's good to know the ICC didn't make a rash decision letting Zimbabwe back into test match cricket. I almost feel it's a shame England didn't get to play them now; we didn't get the chance to boost our averages that the South Africans are getting.

What comes arround goes arround because Englands got Bangladesh next.

brad352

Executive member
Zimbabwe 54

South Africa 149/0 (27.0 ov)
South Africa RR: 5.52

:D

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
brad352 said:
Zimbabwe 54

South Africa 149/0 (27.0 ov)
South Africa RR: 5.52

:D

I believe there was talk of players like Smith and Kallis getting the world record against this lot a little while ago......

200 up in 33 overs

205-0

Smith 115
de Villiers 82

Last edited:

brad352

Executive member
Next Over Runs - Total
Add 36th Over - Under 5.5 $1.72
Add 36th Over - Over 5.5 $2.00

Any neutral observer would guarantee that that was for a one dayer

brad352

Executive member
f*ck

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear says:
whats the fastest 200 in tests?
saint says:
astle
i know that
balls
saint says:
166 balls in 2001

1 minute later he's bloody out, I blame myself :mad:

zulaid2005

School Cricketer
Sureshot said:
bangladesh are better though :)

I know Bangladesh have been playing well ( at home ) but they werent impressive against zimbabwe as their latest effort shows, and I dont think India's heart was in it when they last toured Bangladesh... imo I dont think Bangladesh have improved since the last World Cup.

About the 2 tier test structure imo ICC, they already have it with the intercontinental cup. But I certainly dont think relegating Zim and Ban is the way to go.... it would send them into administration/bankrupt.

The only way they would survive in a second tier structure is if there is a global 20/ 20 championship (which like other minnows UAE, HK, US, etc should concentrate on) once they become successful at home in all 3 forms of the game they would be able to return to test's championship. 20/20 is the way to go because it will bring tv rights (exposure) and would be interesting/apealling to the global/local public.

Zim and Ban i guess arent cut out for test champion and should only take part in home series (they should win 2 test series at home before they can return to the championship), still playing tests and still keeping there test status just not taking part in the championship.

Both Zim and Ban need to make money and be successful, I dont see them being successful in test cricket, Zim has had some glory days in ODI, but I think the unpredictability of 20/20 will help both teams and with them only concentrating on that form of cricket for say 8 months it would help them be successful, generate money, better facilities, etc.

Both teams wil die if they remain in test cricket *(and probably so will cricket)

Last edited:

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
'37.5 Cremer to de Villiers, OUT: uses his feet, thick outside edge goes
to short 3rd man, South Africa in trouble now, Zimbabwe sure to
rip thru the rest of the tail now'

:rtfl

41.3 Cremer to Kallis, SIX, no respect as this one goes once more over
the long on boundry
41.2 Cremer to Kallis, SIX, again but over the long off ropes this time
some 30 rows back
41.1 Cremer to Kallis, SIX, uses his feet and lofts it over well over
the long on boundry

Last edited:

brad352

Executive member
4 . 4 4 4 . | 6 6 6

It just bloody gets worse

I was hoping Kallis would go for six sixes off the over :mad:

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
zulaid2005 said:
Both Zim and Ban need to make money and be successful, I dont see them being successful in test cricket, Zim has had some glory days in ODI, but I think the unpredictability of 20/20 will help both teams and with them only concentrating on that form of cricket for say 8 months it would help them be successful, generate money, better facilities, etc.

Are you seriously suggesting Twenty20 will help them?! The aim of Twenty20 as a batsman, is basically to score as quickly as you can. Look at this 'test' match, the economy rates of each bowler is awful, they would get trounced at Twenty20.

They should be stripped of test status, harsh, but its the awful truth.

I remember Michael Vaughan saying the 'warm-up' games against Namibia were as tough as the Zimbabwe ODI's!

brad352

Executive member
aww, he's out

Cremer an absolute star here, 3/81 off 7.1

Users who are viewing this thread