Game Screens

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't want this to sound like I'm getting on at you again, or starting an argument, but there are a couple of things I want to pick up on.

It wouldn't really be accurate to say that you're an "expert in modelling" if you don't know about texturing. It really is a very big part of the process. Plus, it's easier to texture a model if you keep your mind on the potential texturing process whilst you're modelling it.

But if someone is prepared to do the texturing there's absolutely no harm in trying. Like I said above, just begin making the stadium. If it's decent and could be used in-game then I'm sure someone would be prepared to texture it.

You should look up some tutorials online to learn texturing in Maya. As long as you take it slowly and don't try to jump straight in at the deep end, you should have no problem picking it up. Also, it's far more satisfying being able to show off something which is fully modelled and textured.

To summarise (!), I would suggest you begin modelling that stadium - so just start one stand and see how it goes.
That looks like an advice to me and i will take that advice because it is said politely and in a way it should be. I don't want to go back to those arguements that were in the other thread but if someone had just given me advice like this then the arguement would have never accured. As far as me not being perfect in Maya is because i just got Maya about 2 days ago so i will watch tutorials online to learn how to do texturing and then i will start to make the stadium. The reason i didn't try it yet because i just wanted to do one thing first which was modeling. I learned how to do modeling and now i will go towards texturing.
Nice Auto, Sourav
Thanks!

Ok, i got it. I know how to do textures and stuff but still not that perfect on it. I just have one question before i start to make anything. Do i have to adjust the size of the stadium or i can just make it any size i want and then the guys who are makin the game will adjust it according to the game?

Last edited:

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Sorry I didn't even notice the question you asked.

I would suggest making each stand separately in a different scene, just because it makes working a lot easier to manage - not having to hide/unhide objects all the time to see what you're working on.

If you make it stand by stand, you don't have to worry about the size of each as they can be separately scaled later on.

Best thing to do is just start making it (like I said before). When it comes to putting it in game, you will be provided with a base scene which you will need to place your stands in and make them roughly the correct size to fit the boundary/outfield.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Cool. Are you going to include the bees?

L-Bee-W: Cricketers hit the deck as pitch is invaded by deadly swarm | Mail Online

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Hey Lazy, can you tell me if this model is good enough for the stadium pavillion? I just want to make sure this is acceptable fro the game. If i get positive reply on this then i will start to apply texture to it and make more.
I just want to know if it is good enough for the game.
View attachment 54783

View attachment 54784

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Needs a little bit more curve inwards in the front. Also the top row of seats (not the box office) seems to be a little larger in height inthe picture. Other than that, I've been pleasantly surprised. Well done.

mr_08

School Cricketer
sorry guys ,but when is this game going to be released??and seeing the screens i think the game will be a good one

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
It looks pretty good.

Check the stairs at the back, as they seem a bit wobbly on yours. They go horizontal, then up, the horizontal, not up and down like you've got them.

What's the triangle count on that?

Users who are viewing this thread