Game Screens

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Needs a little bit more curve inwards in the front. Also the top row of seats (not the box office) seems to be a little larger in height inthe picture. Other than that, I've been pleasantly surprised. Well done.

Yeah i was thinking of curving it but i didn't want to do it right now because i didn't wanted to mess it up before any suggestions.

It looks pretty good.

Check the stairs at the back, as they seem a bit wobbly on yours. They go horizontal, then up, the horizontal, not up and down like you've got them.

What's the triangle count on that?

I kind of made the stairs from my imagination because i went to India about a year ago and they changed alot of stuff in the pavillion. The stairs look way different than they are in the picture. Also, my picture showing the sde view is kind of tilted so it looks as if the poles holding the stairs are somewhat diagonal.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Yo Lazy, i am having trouble texturing the pavillion. I know how to do it but when i go to select faces that i want to select then they don't get selected. I tried to create a new file and then made a cube and tried to color its faces and it worked but it is not working with my pavillion. I've managed to color the poles but cannot color the wall. You know what the problem is? Should i send you the file so you can see what the problem is?

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I think we might need a thread for this sort of stuff now people have started contributing 3d models. I will reply here anyway, but expect it to get moved!

MS, are you using Maya? If not I can't really help. I've posted an attachment in the TAOC discussion thread showing my texturing method. It should help you learn how to lay out your UVs properly.

If you are using Maya, all you need to do is select the object you want to texture, right click on it get the cool Maya menu up, and choose 'Faces' from it. Then you have a blue dot to represent each face you can select. Click the blue dot and the face is selected (highlights orange). You can select multiple faces by shift-clicking.

Tanmay

Club Captain
I'm trying to learn 3ds Max and seeing it as an oppurtunity as well as challenge i tried making a stadium
Expert comments needed and also help in texturing is needed

sg7e5s.jpg

ff07k8.jpg

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
Hullo there!! I can model in Max. What are the stadiums yet to be done? Is the Eden Gardens done? Lords?

What is the limit on the polygon count for stadiums?

Mad Snake

International Coach
I can imagine how good you would be, you should try a big major one like the MCG :p no one has done that

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Not exactly game screens, but....

LM asked me to have a go at making a ball.

New and old versions:

Attachments

• new.png
    new.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 212
  • old.png
    old.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 191

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
n00bs like me know nothing about modelling and stuff but I'd like to give my input. The ball looks very good but very jaggedy (dunno if it's meant to be or not). Either way it looks very good and detailed though. Just like this game, Man D rules.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Yeah the ball is quite jaggedy. I had no idea what poly count Paul is looking for in so I just made it at a guess of what I thought might be acceptable. It can easily be changed though.

The main thing I was looking for though was nice texturing and normal mapping.

appu2146

Club Captain
lazy_chesnut : Not exactly game screens, but.... LM asked me to have a go at making a ball.

New and old versions:

looks great mate but the thread in the old ball looks real then in the new ball i think the texture of the thread alone need to be tweaked.
Actually not related with TAOC, long back i have done a tennis ball mate have a look.

Attachments

• ball.jpg
    ball.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread