Game Screens

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pretty pointless, but hey. Had a spare five minutes so started stitching together what I've done so far on my stadium. Work has been slow lately as I've a fair amount of uni work to get through at the moment.

Scales might be a bit out as I've just thrown it together in literally 5 minutes.

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 198

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Any new videos? Can you please upload videos for some of bowling and batting gameplay?

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I'm nothing to do with the gameplay/coding side of it. I only recently joined the project, and am only making one stadium (so far) so I don't know that much more about the game than anyone else.

I would say this to anyone else who is keen to help with the game, and I hope JK and LM don't have a problem with me saying this but here goes:

The game is currently planned to have one stadium per test playing nation. If anyone is capable of modeling their favourite stadium which is not already made (JK posted a list somewhere I believe) then there's absolutely no harm in making it in whatever 3D modeling app you like. It can always be converted into another format later if it is wanted in the game. Plus, even if it doesn't get used, it's pretty fun to do.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Damn, Tom, that's looking mighty fine...awesome stuff...looks really top drawer and authentic...cant wait to see the final thing :)

Good point above too...i agree, it is kinda fun.....

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
It's in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago. I've never seen the stadium before (or at least not been aware of it) so I'm building it from photos I've found around the web. Trouble is, lots of them are taken at different times, and there is a vast difference between the ground pre WC 2007 and post WC 2007, so finding pictures of the stands at the same time is difficult.

Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago (Part II) - Page 23 - SkyscraperCity

There are a load of pictures on the linked forum which I've been using. Even with those, it's still actually hard to go from various 2d photos at various angles, to a 3d model. For instance, I made quite a large mistake on the Dos Santos stand, in that the bottom tier actually goes back a lot further than the top tier, which I only noticed after I'd finished texturing the model, and then it's a pain to change. I decided that it didn't really matter that much anyway, as the general 'look and feel' of that stand was the same.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I was asked to do one for the West Indies, and it looked like one of the more attractive ones. Plus, I remember hearing Port-of-Spain on the radio commentary and stuff!

Do you think I should have done another one, like Sabina Park or Viv Richards Stadium?

Mad Snake

International Coach
nah i like this one, gives off a good vibe, will for sure have a few games here when its all done, are you going to do others when you're done, i would have a go myself but am not great with 3D sort of things, i can only imagine how good somewhere like the MCG would look if you made that

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I'm pretty sure the MCG has already been done by JK. I'm really unsure as to how the quality of my stadium matches up with the stuff JK has done. Mine might be really crap or really good. If mine turns out to be better I would be more than happy to re-make other ones, and similarly if mine is worse, I'd be more than happy for someone to re-make mine.

I only really learned how to use Maya a few months ago for uni, and I'm learning all the time. For example, the pavilion I did first is really basic and may well need to be re-done with a bit more detail.

If anyone else is just starting out in 3D, then architectural models are a good way to begin because they're quite easy to model. So far I've only used poly cubes and a few planes to make my stands. It's just the placement, scale, rotation etc which makes them into a stadium.

I'd like to see some other people on here having a go at a stadium which hasn't been done. I'm sure some of you have the skills to put on display!

Mad Snake

International Coach
what program are you using, is it free?, do you have msn wouldn't mind speaking to you about it

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
The MCG has not been done by JK. The SCG is the only Australian stadium being done for now.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
I can do Feroz Shah Kotla stadium if anyone wants to work with me because i just trained myself to an expert in modeling but i haven't tried how to put on a texture on a model. I would make the whole sadium if someone can just do the color and sky and other stuff dealing with textures. Lol here is the picture to prove my work. This i made for a game called GTA San Andreas. Its a vehicle. Its not completed yet but i am just showing my work.

View attachment 54738

Last edited:

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I don't want this to sound like I'm getting on at you again, or starting an argument, but there are a couple of things I want to pick up on.

It wouldn't really be accurate to say that you're an "expert in modelling" if you don't know about texturing. It really is a very big part of the process. Plus, it's easier to texture a model if you keep your mind on the potential texturing process whilst you're modelling it.

But if someone is prepared to do the texturing there's absolutely no harm in trying. Like I said above, just begin making the stadium. If it's decent and could be used in-game then I'm sure someone would be prepared to texture it.

You should look up some tutorials online to learn texturing in Maya. As long as you take it slowly and don't try to jump straight in at the deep end, you should have no problem picking it up. Also, it's far more satisfying being able to show off something which is fully modelled and textured.

To summarise (!), I would suggest you begin modelling that stadium - so just start one stand and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread