Super 8: 16th Match India v WI

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
i am guessing every one in here (not the indians) wanted to WI to win?

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
It seems Captain Cool did not have any tricks up his sleeve this time. Batted like a right twat too. Just go back to playing normally man.

Bravo played a brilliant knock, never let the RR get out of hand.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I sure did, I like the West Indies there a decent team to watch, plus I'm bored of Indian fans continous celebration since 2007 whilst England have gradually declined in general. :p

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Good game. India were in huge trouble once they were 81 odd off 14 overs. Even with Yuvraj's brilliance they were never going to have enough runs to be secure.
Bravo was very good though - couldn't work out what Gayle was doing. He was pacing it like it was a 50 over chase but never got going and then got out with an S/R of less than 100. I haven't seen much of India but from what I have seen they'll have too much for us on Sunday.
Great work Windies - first the 50-over World Champions then the 20-over champions (just can't beat England!).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India's fielding was very poor today. They probably came up shaky against a top in-form side like WI. It was a defendable total more so after we got Gayle but we just fluffed it up in the field. We thought the WI would give easy runs on the field, but it was the reverse case.

Dhoni had a bad game today. But give the guy a break! He has been a brilliant captain for India (YES, he has been one of India's most successful captains and is competing with ganguly for top honours). He is bound to have bad games. He will come out of it. Although it doesnt help him that he has these run-ins with the media who will now always bay for his blood everytime he fails.

I would have favored India had England got a close game vs South Africa. But they too got a beating. So the next game will be absolutely crucial. But India should know that they still made it to the semifinals of the last World Cup inspite of losing to New Zealand in the first Super Eights match. And again, the last two games that were played were against England and South Africa (and AGAIN, IN THE SAME ORDER!). Hopefully, we do an encore here.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
4/38 and 66*

You can't get much better all-round stats in a 20/20 game then that.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
i am guessing every one in here (not the indians) wanted to WI to win?

Why? Because they dont want a good team to continue doing good. Now I know how Australian fans feel when other team fans bay for Australia's blood even when they are good.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Well, we shouldn't lose heart. We dropped one game against New Zealand in the Super 8 stages last time and then thumped England and South Africa to storm into the semis. Lightning can strike twice. :)

Also another thing going in our favour is that England's current run rate is extremely low, so if it comes down to NRR they'll have a tougher time recovering than we would, theoretically. I wish the Proteas had beaten them quicker, though!

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Unless we doing something special against England and SA, it's pretty much over for us...Seems like we have choked when it comes to the proper teams.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I sure did, I like the West Indies there a decent team to watch, plus I'm bored of Indian fans continous celebration since 2007 whilst England have gradually declined in general. :p

Is that a reason? Ufff.... Jealousy at its best!:eek:

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Well, we shouldn't lose heart. We dropped one game against New Zealand in the Super 8 stages last time and then thumped England and South Africa to storm into the semis. Lightning can strike twice. :)

Also another thing going in our favour is that England's current run rate is extremely low, so if it comes down to NRR they'll have a tougher time recovering than we would, theoretically. I wish the Proteas had beaten them quicker, though!

The 6 of the last ball against Zaheer didn't help. Would've been better for India if they had got it in singles.

Users who are viewing this thread