Review Demo impressions thread

mareen

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
them mini games are hard to make out. When do u catch? when it turns orange? coz i didnt see it turn green!!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
It doesn't turn green if you've already pressed the button. Depends when really, if you catch it when its green then yes, its caught, in the orange, its 50/50.

P

pcfan123

Flintoff looks like a cancer patient

Thanks for the video mate, its the best quality one out there and the longest, your a true champ!

mareen

Club Cricketer
It doesn't turn green if you've already pressed the button. Depends when really, if you catch it when its green then yes, its caught, in the orange, its 50/50.

oh seen. I thought the ones to the keepers are far too quick!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The commentary is a let down. Doesn't flow and for that dropped catch he was lagging behind a few seconds.

The AI seem to be bowling a fair few yorkers.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Flintoff looks like a cancer patient

Thanks for the video mate, its the best quality one out there and the longest, your a true champ!

Flintoff has never been done right in any game really, neither has Strauss. Love the facial expressions mid-delivery though, looks like they've been shot or something.

Simbazz added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

The commentary is a let down. Doesn't flow and for that dropped catch he was lagging behind a few seconds.

The AI seem to be bowling a fair few yorkers.

There's quite a bit of full, yorker length bowling. But on the plus side, you just wait for the bad ball. The AI does trickle it down leg-side sometimes, and during a spell, bowl a bit of short stuff.

Overall its not a bad game, its not perfect, but its probably the best we've got! If they can really build on this, then 2010 will be a good year.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator

Well I watched the whole thing and here are some random thoughts.

- length: comp wasn't even bowling full, it was 3 overs of yorkers
- runout: bit crap that the bowler picked the ball up, drew back his arm and hurled it all from 10cm away when a flick was all that was needed.
- suicidal AI running: mentioned by others and saw it there.
- catching system: looked pretty tricky. There was one where there was no time to react.

I'm going to be generous and put the bowling length probs and the AI runouts down to the extraordinary match situation. I'm going to have to assume that the AI knew it only had three overs because if it ran or bowled like that in a regular test situation the game would be unplayable.

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
hard mode video is going up now. bowling is a lot tighter and now room for error really. as you will see, i got some practicing to do! just u/l to youtube now and then the processing n all that rubbish

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I said earlier Colin, that I hope to God the AI thinks its chasing or setting a total in 3 overs. Otherwise, the problems still persist of too aggressive AI.

Yes its better, but really, if the AI is like that in a normal test, then the only improvement on BLIC07 is that the outfield isn't as lightening quick as 2007, and generally the ball holds up in 2009, for a couple of runs.

P

pcfan123

Can someone try batting with Monty and see if he can play shots or bats like a tailender. Cheers
(sorry for the constant requests)

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
I'm going to be generous and put the bowling length probs and the AI runouts down to the extraordinary match situation. I'm going to have to assume that the AI knew it only had three overs because if it ran or bowled like that in a regular test situation the game would be unplayable.

Isnt this the problem we had with BLIc 07 though...trustin developers to fix these?

If they come out and say they programmed 3 overs to act differently, fair enough (like enhanced damage in the fight night 3 round demo)

But the bowling issue needs addressing ASAP

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Could someone post a video where celebrations for wickets and 3rd umpire decisions haven't been skipped, so we can see what they look like?

All this attention to detail better be in the PC version as well...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Isnt this the problem we had with BLIc 07 though...trustin developers to fix these?

If they come out and say they programmed 3 overs to act differently, fair enough (like enhanced damage in the fight night 3 round demo)

But the bowling issue needs addressing ASAP

I don't see that major issues like that would have made it through testing. Especially as they have pitchmaps etc ingame so if it was full the whole time it would be obvious.
That said I know full well that bugs that "should have been picked up" always make it through to the final build. Was just shocked at how aggressive the running is for a test - that was always a game ruiner for me in BLIC07.

Users who are viewing this thread